question for Lois R

BEARFACE

Hi Lois,

It would be great to meet you someday in person on one of these cruises. You seem like a celebrity;) on these boards and I must say I have enjoyed reading many of your threads and viewing your pictures.

My DH and I were thinking of doing Galaxy ourselves next Feb. or March and I see you are doing a 10 night on Galaxy on March 7th. If you wouldn't mind me asking what an inside stateroom is running on this cruise for you. We are true die-hard fans of Celebrity as you can see, but most recently did Norwegian for not wanting to fly out of New York in the winter, but we really miss our Celebrity and especially now that they are taking away our beloved "Zenith". She was our first cruise and many more on her and we are going to miss her badly. We felt at least we had our Zenith to Bermuda Cruises every year but no longer....so we are having withdrawals and want so much to be back on a Celebrity ship. So any information (inside stateroom rate, airfare, etc) on the March 7th Galaxy cruise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Laura

:) Hi, thanks for the kind words. No Celebrity here..just a regular

person like everyone else.

Anyway.....before we talk $...where in Rockland are you?

I was born in Good Sam Hospital and lived in Spring Valley

my first 7 years.....(we have lived in FL since 1965). Small world, huh?

The prices are in the book....Celebrity doesn't discount.

X charges double for a solo cruiser....so I pay x2.

I have a cat 9 but because I get a 1 cat upgrade I am paying

the price of a 10.

If you want to email me~ lo1958@hotmail.com

I haven't booked airfare yet but I will either do Delta or I will fly

SW down to FL and then take Spirit to San Juan.

There is a roll call started for the cruise. Donna from NC is on there

as well if you want to come say hello:)

Hi Lois,

What a coincidence:) I haved lived in Spring Valley the last 29 yrs. So you are from this neck of the woods, amazing!! what a small world. Have you been to Rockland County since. BTW, you do sound like a real down to earth person...I just meant you are very popular on the boards...nothing wrong with that;)

I realized afterwards that asking you for rates on this thread were actually inappropriate. I will get in touch with my travel agent and get some quotes from her and I thank you for getting back to me. There may be a very good chance that we may book this sailing. We have not sailed Galaxy in many years and look forward to once again getting that Celebrity treatment.:)

Thank you again!!

Laura

Patross,

We did the Norwegian Spirit this past January and last February we were on the blizzard cruise aboard Norwegian Dawn.

Celebrity has always been special to us and will continue to be our #1 choice for crusing. We had a nice time on Norwegian but not quite the same feeling on board as our Celebrity Cruises. We always feel the staff goes the extra mile for you and they truly make you feel special. On Norwegian it is freestyle cruising, we prefer the traditional sit down dining that Celebrity offers.

We will be cruising on Norwegian Crown this September to Bermuda for their will be no more Zenith to Bermuda runs:( We decided to try Norwegian for not having the hassle of flying out during the middle of the Winter and between airfare and cruise it was becoming costly to cruise Celebrity, although we are considering a cruise next year on one of the Celebrity ships, so in answer to your question we definitely prefer Celebrity over Norwegian but a cruise is a cruise...no better place then on a ship:).

BTW, the food and service is definitely better on Celebrity JMHO.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

No problem, that is why I gave you my email;)

I have been back up there over the years. Not recently though.

I do have friends I have known all my life that are still there but

I really consider myself from Florida now.

This will be my first time on Galaxy. I see you sailed her

back in 2001....after 9/11. Bet at that point you got a good price.

This cruise will be for my BIG 50:) so figured that deserved

something longer than 7 nights:D

Hi Lois,

Yes, we sailed on Galaxy not long after 9/11...how could I forget that my cruise was only days away after that horrible plane crash in Queens...did you hear about that. I was beside myself with fear about taking a flight only days later to Ft. Lauderdale to get on the Galaxy. My DH said "you are getting on that plane and thats that":eek: and the end result was a great cruise. The Galaxy is a beautiful ship.

What a great way to celebrate your birthday. We are going to be looking into this sailing and may just be joining you. As I previously said, I would love to meet you. You sound like a person who truly enjoys themselves as we do...no complaints about Celebrity...not at all!!!. I feel just as you do about our beloved Celebrity.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Laura

Laura, yes I remember seeing that crash in the news. It was the

plane that went down in Queens.

It would be nice to meet you both too:). I might have a few

negatives to say here and there but my positives always outweigh

them by a mile:D

Oh, so you are in Spring Valley now? We lived off Valley View Terrace...right

near Union Road.

Lois,

Back in 1978 I lived at the Avon Garden Apts on Union Rd...have you ever heard of that apartment complex. My DH used to live on Eckerson Rd...he is originally from Bergenfield, NJ though. I grew up in Valley Cottage. I would move back there in a heartbeat.

Right now I am down the street from Finkelstein Library. I have been living in the same residence for the last 11 yrs.

We are very close in age...actually I will be 46 tomorrow. It is kind of special to have my birthday fall on Easter Sunday this year.

Have a nice Easter

Laura

Lois,

Back in 1978 I lived at the Avon Garden Apts on Union Rd...have you ever heard of that apartment complex. My DH used to live on Eckerson Rd...he is originally from Bergenfield, NJ though. I grew up in Valley Cottage. I would move back there in a heartbeat.

Right now I am down the street from Finkelstein Library. I have been living in the same residence for the last 11 yrs.

We are very close in age...actually I will be 46 tomorrow. It is kind of special to have my birthday fall on Easter Sunday this year.

Have a nice Easter

Laura

Hi Laura, Happy Birthday to you:) and yes those apts are

just across the street right? And of course I know Eckerson

Road;) It is on the way to Hillcrest.

Small world for sure........you and your hubby should definitely

book this cruise:D

Hi Donna!

Hi Lois and Donna,

Actually today we were looking online for this trip. It looks almost positive for taking this cruise...we are going to call our travel agent tomorrow and get some quotes from her and compare to what we have seen online.

The airfare is what really kills you:eek: We want to take a direct flight to San Juan...definitely do not want any connecting flights for we will be leaving the day of the cruise....plus to have the travel insurance that Celebrity provides, god forbid of inclement weather.

So, I will update you the beginning of the week and let you know what our actual plans are but pretty much count us in.

I hope the both of you have a great day:)

Laura

Lois...you seem to know the area very well considering you have been in Florida all these years...again, what a small world.

Laura, Donna and I are chatting on a Roll Call already:) please

come join us!

Well, I have been back up there over the years so I guess

I remember it from visiting;)

Laura, thanks for your reply. We also like Celebrity and traditional dining. Being from NJ we are limited to ships sailing year round. Maybe at some point we will give NCL a try for the convenience of not flying. One concern on a cruise, or any vacation is unruly passengers (aduts & children) As you said "a cruise is a cruise..."

Archived