Miracle Quick Post Cruise Experience

T2188na

This might benefit some members:

We did the Miracle 03/25 - 04/01/07.

My General Notes to the interested:

1. Bring Water or Pop if you want. Just label it and it will get to your cabin. They have a big bottle of water in the cabin and it’s only about $3.

2. Bring a bottle of booze in your baggage if you want. No problem if you like to have a drink in your room from time-to-time.

3. Bring a change of clothes etc. in your carry on to cover you if your luggage is late to your room.

4. Complete your sign and sail card information before you cruise to expedite the check in.

5. If you have a balcony bring a bungee cord to keep the outside door open if you want to. Very handy.

6. Having a passport is very handy for your ID since there are quite a number of checkpoints when initially entering the ship.

7. Don’t bring your passport on shore, bring another picture ID with your sign and sail card.

8. For the safe access in your room, use your driver lic. and not your sign and sail card.

9. I brought “water shoes” and wore the most of the time on and off ship. Around the pool areas it is slippery. Saw a number of people slip.

10. Formal night, I wore nice kaki dockers, blazer, nice shirt and tie with nice deck shoes. It was just right.

11. Don’t have to rush down for the dining room dinner. Wait about 15-30 minutes to avoid the rush.

12. Don’t bring housecoats they supply them. Bring a travel clock for your room.

13. Don’t bring shaving razors men or women they supply them. Bring shaving cream.

14. Soap is supplied in the shower by dispenser: Lever 2000 and Dove.

15. Bring a small power strip for wife’s rollers and also bring a nightlight to plug into the strip.

16. Hide curling iron after use after cooling. Carnival considers them dangerous due to fire hazard. I don’t blame them.

17. If you purchase duty free booze you can’t get it until the last day and they tell you to pack it securely in your luggage probably because you can’t take it onboard the plane.

18. Bring an extra (nylon) bag for things you might purchase incase you don’t have luggage space available.

19. Don’t over pack but bring a light jacket since at night it can get cold on deck.

20. Bring a knapsack to bring when you go to shore. Include sunscreen and a towel, hat, etc. Good for carrying purchases if you like to shop. Also bring a watch and be aware of time change – always go by the Ships Clock. Bring carnival caper newsletter for that day and shopping guide. Attend the talk about the ports. Very informative regarding shopping, excursions and safety. A must.

21. Order room service the night before for your initial coffee, Danish, salmon w/bagel etc. Put info on card and hang on outside cabin handle.

22. Critical: Book a later departure home flight so you are not rushed when you get back into port to go home. Tip the porters. Also wait for the rush to get off by having breakfast and watching a movie. We got off at about 10am.

23. I brought a small bottle of purell and stuck it in my pocket. Used each time before I ate. Made the wife use it also. Did this to protect against Norwalk, general passing of germs after handling spoons at the Buffet.

24. Brought scented Lysol in a can to disinfect toilet seat, shower head.

25. Late night snack to take back to the room went to the NY Deli sandwich bar in Horatios. Took tray with food, milk, utensils, etc. to room. They also have pizza I think 24 hrs. Food pretty good/not bad. If you don’t see milk just ask and they will get the small cartons for you.

26. For the physically challenged: I had knee surgery recently. Carnival is extremely accommodating and caring. Upon getting on the ship they provided me with a wheelchair and a staff member and streamlined my wife and I through everyone. I needed it because I could not stand for long periods of time without at least a cane and for that line up I just couldn’t have made it. The lineup to get on board was significant. You can also let carnival know in advance via your travel agent or directly if you need this type of assistance. Same for your airline.

Grand Cayman

1. 6 ships were there when we visited.

2. It is a tender.

3. Wait two hours until the herd thins. Go to Horatios and have a made to order omelet.

4. Breezes restaurant very close to the dock area was very good. Sit on balcony, have lunch and watch the harbor and people.

5. Wife just shopped but you can take a cab to 7 mile beach.

6. Did the stingray thing in 2002 and it was great. Very organized, lots of people but pretty good. Get a picture that they take of you.

7. Have been there a number of times. Very busy at the dockside.

Cozumel

1. Tender.

2. Went to paradise beach and it was busy so walked 10 step over to San Fran. Beach and for 8 bucks apiece it is better and quiet. You get 2 small margaritas with it. They have these green rubber things that you can put over your chair to make it really comfortable. Coronas are 2 for $3.50. Other food and drinks available. Clean rest rooms. Take a taxi from just where you get off the ship. Very safe and organized.

3. Back at the dock area there is a Fat Tuesdays where you can relax and have a drink. Real nice. Balloons for the Kids.

4. Been there 3 times. 2002 went downtown by taxi. Nice and lots of shops.

5. If you need meds they have a pharmacy without a prescription.

Belize

1. Long Tender by line of sight. Fast tender: 11 minutes.

2. Warned by ship that it is dangerous outside of dock/tourist area. Hung around this area. Bands and a couple of bars. Interesting though.

3. If wife like copies of coach, prada, etc. purses and the like this is the place to purchase.

Costa Maya

1. No tender. Long cement dock. Easy on and off.

2. The most beautiful port I have ever been to.

3. Beach right there and a waiting pool right there and can wade up to the bar. Shopping area right there. Everything right there!! Wife can shop you can relax on the beach since it’s right there!

4. Very clean, safe and beautiful. Colors were incredible. Idyllic.

i won't reply to some of the things on here b/c i am sure many others will (like waiting 30 minutes into dinner b/4 showing up at the dining room:eek: ).

but i think it's worth mentioning that you can't count on those toiletries being there and/or being the same. if you need a razor, bring a disposable razor. the past couple of cruises i have been on, ladies and men's razors were in the baskets, but other items always changed. as the items are always changing, there is no guaranty you'll get a razor. (and several years ago, you didn't get anything).

another costa maya praise. ah, i'm disappointed liberty dropped it from our sailing. i haven't been there yet, was looking forward to it. glad you had a nice cruise.

Hmmmm....we felt just the opposite. It's a cruiseline constructed American tourist attraction that reminded me of a mall on steroids. We saw a packed to the brim bar with a guitar playing guy screaming "The Chicken Dance" and DH and I almost ran through the entire faux Mexican facade.

We walked behind this place, grabbed a taxi, went to Mahahual and spent a glorious, quiet, peaceful day at Pez Quadro. Unfortunately, we had to again walk through "Costa Maya" to get to the ship.

As they say....there's something for everyone. ;)

Costa Maya

1. No tender. Long cement dock. Easy on and off.

2. The most beautiful port I have ever been to.

3. Beach right there and a waiting pool right there and can wade up to the bar. Shopping area right there. Everything right there!! Wife can shop you can relax on the beach since it’s right there!

4. Very clean, safe and beautiful. Colors were incredible. Idyllic.

This might benefit some members:

We did the Miracle 03/25 - 04/01/07.

5. If you have a balcony bring a bungee cord to keep the outside door open if you want to. Very handy.

7. Don’t bring your passport on shore, bring another picture ID with your sign and sail card.

10. Formal night, I wore nice kaki dockers, blazer, nice shirt and tie with nice deck shoes. It was just right.

11. Don’t have to rush down for the dining room dinner. Wait about 15-30 minutes to avoid the rush.

16. Hide curling iron after use after cooling. Carnival considers them dangerous due to fire hazard. I don’t blame them.

5. Why oh why do people feel the need to heat up the indoors with all that humid air, not to mention the salt spray? Bring 'em if you want, but I'll leave mine at home. :p

7. There are pros and cons to leaving your passport in the safe on the ship. Better left for an entire new thread. ;)

10. You had me until the deck shoes. There is nothing formal about them. That's why they're called deck shoes!

11. Being as late as you described is not a very good idea, nor would it go over well with many people for you to show up that late. 10 minutes at the most.

16. Well this is something new! When did we have to start hiding curling irons? Regular irons are a no-no, but curling irons?

Thanks for posting such an in depth commentary on your cruise!

Archived