Need some advice re: ships

redridinghood

Hi there,

I posted this in the general discussion thread but with only 1 reply that did not particularly address what I was asking, I am hoping that someone here may be able to offer some more help.

I may be in the wonderful position of being offered work as a lead production singer soon.

The ships that the company are casting for are: Pacific Star, Pacific Sun, Pacific Dawn, Pacific Princess, Royal Princess and Tahitian Princess.

It might be that I can choose between some of these ships and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts that would help me make up my mind?

I previously worked on P&O's Arcadia that is now Ocean Village, small ship, quite classy. I'm quite partial to the idea of being on a bigger ship (less sea sickness?) with more facilities and would most definately prefer to work in a more traditonal 'theatre' style environment instead of a cabaret or show lounge.

I cruised the med and caribbean for 6 months and would be happy to return but also would love to experience new places.

All advice gratefully received!

Hi there,

I posted this in the general discussion thread but with only 1 reply that did not particularly address what I was asking, I am hoping that someone here may be able to offer some more help.

I may be in the wonderful position of being offered work as a lead production singer soon.

The ships that the company are casting for are: Pacific Star, Pacific Sun, Pacific Dawn, Pacific Princess, Royal Princess and Tahitian Princess.

It might be that I can choose between some of these ships and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts that would help me make up my mind?

I previously worked on P&O's Arcadia that is now Ocean Village, small ship, quite classy. I'm quite partial to the idea of being on a bigger ship (less sea sickness?) with more facilities and would most definately prefer to work in a more traditonal 'theatre' style environment instead of a cabaret or show lounge.

I cruised the med and caribbean for 6 months and would be happy to return but also would love to experience new places.

All advice gratefully received!

Pacific Princess Royal Princess and Tahitian Princess are considerably smaller then Ocean Village (ex Star Princess, ex Arcadia).

Don't know about the others as they are P&O ships???

.....The ships that the company are casting for are: Pacific Star, Pacific Sun, Pacific Dawn, Pacific Princess, Royal Princess and Tahitian Princess.

Hopefully you wish will come true and you will have the opportunity of a lifetime to perform on one of these ships ....and see new parts of the world and meet new people.

Basically.... the Tahitian Princess, Royal Princess, and Pacific Princess are the same class ships and for all intense and purposes identical. (former Renaissance ships). The new Pacific Dawn (which is the current Regal Princess) is probably the largest of all the ships. The Pacific Star and Pacific Sun are old Carnival ships and are probably not as up to date theater-wise as the other ships.

We have sailed the Tahitian and Regal and would say they have up to day theater equipment. Never have sailed the other ex-Carnival ships so cannot comment.

Another factor.....Crew (performer) accomodations are probably best on the ex Renaissance or Regal Princess ships.

So it seems all things are pretty equal (ship wise) for the four ships, so maybe the deciding factor is where they will travel. The Pacific Princess and Royal Princess probably has the most diverse itineraries. The Tahititian plies just Tahiti and Hawaii. The Dawn, Star and Sun ply Australia, New Zealand.

So maybe your deciding factor will be where you want to travel..... good luck

Archived