Need some advice re: ships

Hi there,

I posted this in the general discussion thread but with only 1 reply that did not particularly address what I was asking, I am hoping that someone here may be able to offer some more help.

I may be in the wonderful position of being offered work as a lead production singer soon.

The ships that the company are casting for are: Pacific Star, Pacific Sun, Pacific Dawn, Pacific Princess, Royal Princess and Tahitian Princess.

It might be that I can choose between some of these ships and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts that would help me make up my mind?

I previously worked on P&O's Arcadia that is now Ocean Village, small ship, quite classy. I'm quite partial to the idea of being on a bigger ship (less sea sickness?) with more facilities and would most definately prefer to work in a more traditonal 'theatre' style environment instead of a cabaret or show lounge.

I cruised the med and caribbean for 6 months and would be happy to return but also would love to experience new places.

All advice gratefully received!

Ok, pacific star and sun are both older ships. Early to mid 80's. Some believe that they are showing their age.

The star is supposed to be doing a season out of aukland at the end of this year before moving to asia. The Sun is moving up to brisbane to replace the star when the Pacific Dawn arrives. The dawn is going to be the ex Regal Princess, the newest ship that australia has had. The Dawn is probably the closest thing to the old arcadia that you have listed.

Pacific princess and tahitian princess are pretty much the same ship (2 of like 8 or 9 identical ships built between 1999 and 2002). Smaller ships carrying something like 800 passengers max. Very intimate as far as cruise ships go these days. The new royal princess is also another sister ship to the pacific and tahitian princess.

I'm quite partial to the idea of being on a bigger ship (less sea sickness?) with more facilities and would most definately prefer to work in a more traditonal 'theatre' style environment instead of a cabaret or show lounge.

Well that would pretty much rule out Pacific Star and Pacific Sun, which are pretty much show lounge and cabaret. !!

Most people who have cruised on Pacific Princess absolutely love her & rate her as their favourite. Of course the Tahitian is the same (as Star-Man said- lots of them) so if you were looking at one of those, maybe the region where thay sail would make up your mind for you.

Karen

maybe the region where thay sail would make up your mind for you.

I think that the pacific princess is going to do a season running the alaska route (or asia, cant remember exactly), the tahitian princess will keep doing the south pacific itineraries and the royal princess is going to cruising the Mediterranean.

I dont think you will get a traditional theater spot on these ships either, the show lounge on them is rather small and so the shows are a bit restricted.

....Pacific princess and tahitian princess are pretty much the same ship (2 of like 8 or 9 identical ships built between 1999 and 2002). .... The new royal princess is also another sister ship to the pacific and tahitian princess.

If any of you are interested the other sister ships are: Insignia, Regatta, Nautica (Oceana Cruises), Minerva 11 (Swan Hellenic & the one that is to become the new Royal Princess), Blue Dream & Blue Moon (Pullmantur). Quite a popular ship hey?

Karen

Karen,

Dont forget the one that HAL has pruchased. I think they scored one of the oceana ships.

Didn't know about that one. Tried doing some research & can't find anything. However, shipparade website no longer lists Blue Dream but now lists Celebtiry Journey. When looking into that I also found another sister ship, Celebrity Quest.

Karen

Archived