money matter's

old git

can anyone advise please,going on med cruise ,first cruise,is it better to to take euro's or pound's with us,how much do p&o charge to change it? and do we need pound's or euro's in gib? greatfull for any help thankyou!!

can anyone advise please,going on med cruise ,first cruise,is it better to to take euro's or pound's with us,how much do p&o charge to change it? and do we need pound's or euro's in gib? greatfull for any help thankyou!!

i always take euros, so don't know how much P+O charges - I get them from the Post office, and they will buy them (unused notes anyway) back afterwards (though didn't bother last year, thinking it was silly to keep changing them back and forth, and promptly booked outside of euo land:rolleyes: )

A lot of people just use the ATMs, but be warned if on ships tours, you are unlikely to see one!

In Gib they will accept sterling or euros - it can be a good way of using those euro coins up (though I have learned to keep them for future trips for the 'rest rooms') you just have to be careful not to get gib £s/coins back as they are not legal tender in uk

Karen

Hi,

Hope you enjoy your first cruise. We take some euros and some sterling. In Gibralta, I think they take either. Last year we had to exchange euros to sterling on board to pay our gratutities and the exchange rate wasn't brilliant but ok.

Happy cruisin':)

Heather.

Yes you will need both. Euros for shore spends and £'s for your tips and coming home.

Unless you are going to take taxis and spend a lot in shops where you cannot use a CC you do not actually need that much in Euros For a week with 4 ports we would take about £100 in euros.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Archived