Packing question

Gym Girl

We're leaving for vacation on 8/14- and I have a packing question to ask you all. I hear a lot of people saying I should take an insulated mug for cold drinks at the pool. What do they look like, and where can I get one? I have an alum. coffee mug, but I'm assuming that's not the same thing.

Thanks, Betsy

Walmart sells insulated mugs with straws. DH and I would fill up our cups (32 oz size) with ice and water to lounge by the pool or to take back to the cabins. I would take both a large water mug and a large coffee mug because they give you small cups on the ship. Have to keep standing in line for refills.

Arizona is right, but Walmart will be much cheaper. Should you loose it or decide it won't fit in the luggage on the way home, you won't feel bad. A sports water bottle is plastic with a wide mouth screw on top (for inserting ice) with a permanent straw in the top. It usually won't spill or sweat and will hold a can of soda or bottle of water, etc. By the way, ship's water is perfectly OK to drink on board ships. Their desalinization plant purifies the water better than you can get at home, so don't be afraid to drink it or anything with ice. Another great Walmart buy is plastic clips that look like huge clothes pins. About $2 a bag. They are great for hanging hand washables or wet swim suits, etc. in the shower or on back of a chair if you have a balcony.

Bon Voyage

Archived