Istanbul Transfer to Hotel and then Ship?

ChatKat in Ca.

As far as transfers, we're going in a day early and using O's hotel

package in Istanbul. That includes transfers. What can we expect? A Large bus? Car Service? We will spend the night in the hotel and then head for the ship the next day.

We get early boarding but do we wait for a bus

with others or do we have different transfers to/from the ship?

If there is a bus situation, we will probably hire a car/taxi to take us

earlier so we can dump our luggage and then go out and tour the city.

Can any one here tell my what O does with their early transfers?

I would expect that your transfers will consist of a bus from your hotel to the ship. If you want early boarding, you might find it a bit difficult to still have time to see much of the city after you have boarded the ship.

There are some really interesting and historical places in Istanbul and I don't think the hotels that Oceania offers are close to these locations. If it were me, I would stay in one of the botique hotels that are within walking distance of Topkapi Palace, the Haghia Sophia, the Blue Mosque and the underground cistern. Other places that aren't far from there are the Grand Bazaar and the Spice Market. Of course you will need time to see any of these, and lots of time to see all of them. The cost of a cab from this area to the cruise ship terminal should not be very expensive.

As far as transfers, we're going in a day early and using O's hotel

package in Istanbul. That includes transfers. What can we expect? A Large bus? Car Service? We will spend the night in the hotel and then head for the ship the next day.

We get early boarding but do we wait for a bus

with others or do we have different transfers to/from the ship?

If there is a bus situation, we will probably hire a car/taxi to take us

earlier so we can dump our luggage and then go out and tour the city.

Can any one here tell my what O does with their early transfers?

Depending on how many passengers O has for that time of day, it could be anything from a large bus to just a passenger van. Cars or Taxis are relatively inexpensive and quite reliable in Istanbul. If a taxi, just agree on the price before you start.

Just for the record, there is also an office just to your left as you exit Baggage Claim that runs a van service to major hotels. Cost is around US$30 - but they will leave only after there are enough passengers to fill the van....

Archived