Adventure of the Seas; Serenade of the Seas

I just returned from Mariner of the Seas. I have sailed her twice. Great times! :)

Are the decor of the ship and the shows different on AOS? I am thinking of booking a Southern Caribbean cruise for next March but I would like a little bit of variety. Is the ice show different?

Re: Serenade of the Seas: Can anyone tell me why the price quote for the same week on a Southern Caribbean cruise is several hundred dollars higher for the Serenade of the Seas?

I am looking at March 1 and 2.

Thanks.

The decor will be very similar between the Adventure and the Mariner, but they're slightly different because one is from the 1st generation Voyager class and the other is the 2nd. I doubt the ice show will be the same. As far as the Serenade is concerned, it's a newer ship than the Adventure (which MAY contribute to it being more) and I THINK that it's a different southern itinerary than the Adventures. I think the Serenade goes to Antigua, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Thomas & St. Maarten, and the Adventure just goes to Aruba, Curacao, St. Thomas & St. Maarten, so that could be why as well. The Serenade is an AMAZING ship, so that could be why too....teehee :D

Laura

I, too, have done both and enjoyed both. Wouldn't hesitate to go on either one. I think the Serenade tends to fill it's sailings better, so they can up the cost. We had a couple of significant price drops the year we sailed on the Serenade as well.

Enjoy no matter what you choose.

Jen

Thanks for all of your input! I would love to try the Serenade but I am going for price. The itineraries are very similar.

I asked my cruise agent to try to get me a hump cabin. That will be icing on the cake.

Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Thanks again.

Archived