What cruise line!!!

curiser2

Hello to all you cruisers, My Dh and I just got back in March from our First Curise on The Grand Princeness. We are hooked!!:o We have another one booked on Princeness New Ship next March> Here's my question we have friends that say Carnival is the best what do you think? I enjoyed the Grand, should we change and try another cruise line? Thanks so much for your help.

Tracy

You should try some other cruise lines. Your friends say that Carnival is the best. It has been my experience that Carnival is very good. I will be on the Carnival Valor next month on the May13 sailing. I have also experienced Royal Caribbean, Princess, Celebrity and NCL. My personal favorite is Celebrity, my least favorite is NCL. Each cruise line has a little different atmosphere, you will notice that you will prefer some aspect of one cruise line over another. Even though I prefer some lines over others, I have never experienced a bad cruise. Relax and enjoy.

I just got back from a Carnival Glory cruise with 21 of my relatives and we all loved it and would go back in a heart beat. My grandparents have been on many cruises with various cruise lines and they said RCCL is more fancy and Carnival is more fun. I've only been on Carnival but I'd agree it can be fancy but I think it is geared more towards having a good time.

Thanks for the reply what about hurrican season anyone mind cruiseing during this time and I think we will try carnival for a family cruise this summer. my dh and I have one booked through Princeness next March it is the new ship.:D We have a minsuite for 10 days can't wait. Tracy

:rolleyes: Sense you are on the Carival board, then i woud have to say Carnival is the best;)

I have never sailed anytime except Hurricane season, if there is a storm, you will be kept away from it and sent to other safe ports &

Maybe a few extra sea days.

Be sure and purchase travel insurance if you are thinking about traveling during hurricane season or any other saeson for that matter.

we have friends that say Carnival is the best what do you think?

How do you define "best"? You need to define what kind of service, entertainment, passengers, food, amenities and atmosphere you personally prefer so that other posters can tell you how Carnival compares in these categories.

Thanks for the reply what about hurrican season anyone mind cruiseing during this time and I think we will try carnival for a family cruise this summer. my dh and I have one booked through Princeness next March it is the new ship.:D We have a minsuite for 10 days can't wait. Tracy

We have been on a number of family cruises, all during hurricane season because school is out in the summer. We only a problem with hurricanes one time, in 1995 when we sailed thru part of hurricane erin and had some really rough seas for a day. It was still a wonderful cruise and we prefer the warmer weather and warm seas for swimming. Went last month and the water was still a little too cool for us native Floridians.:)

I agree with you, we like the warmer water. Not really worried much about hurricane season if the boats go in a different direction that pretty much answers my question. We were thinking about the Mexican Riviera, because we are in driving distance to board the boat. But I've heard that the weather is hot and humid durring the summer months. Thanks for your reply.

I agree with you, we like the warmer water. Not really worried much about hurricane season if the boats go in a different direction that pretty much answers my question. We were thinking about the Mexican Riviera, because we are in driving distance to board the boat. But I've heard that the weather is hot and humid durring the summer months. Thanks for your reply.

It will be hot & humid no matter where you go cruising in the summer, Mexico or Caribbean.

but the water in the Caribbean is soooooo much nicer than the water in Mexico.

Hello to all you cruisers, My Dh and I just got back in March from our First Curise on The Grand Princeness. We are hooked!!:o We have another one booked on Princeness New Ship next March> Here's my question we have friends that say Carnival is the best what do you think? I enjoyed the Grand, should we change and try another cruise line? Thanks so much for your help.

Tracy

You're joking, right?!?

Let's not kid ourselves...Carnival is NOT the "best" cruise line...

The "best" cruise line is likely SilverSeas or Seabourne or one of those ultra-high priced luxury lines...They'll give you incredible food ...incredible service...a fantastic cabin and more...They will also charge you "through the nose"...

IMHO, of the "mass-marketed" cruise lines, Celebrity is clearly the best--best food and service...best space-per-passenger and crew-per-passenger ratios and more...But, of course, it is NOT the "best" for everyone...

Because everyone is different...we all have our different needs and our different criteria and our different priorities...

So Carnival is the "best" cruise line for SOME people...

Depends on YOU...

What is most important to YOU?

Food and Service?

Activities?

Entertainment?

Ship's amenities?

Programs for the kids? Teens?

How about "value for the money"?

Or, for you, does all else pale compared to the "lowest price"?

Or, maybe what is important to you are the itineraries offered...and how they fit YOUR needs and desires, schedule and budget?

Here's the honest to goodness truth: You can have a GREAT CRUISE on any cruise line...

I've been on seven different cruise lines...and have never had a truly bad time on any of them...(Although I will say that the "worst" experience of the bunch was on Princess)...

All of the "mass-marketed" cruise lines actually do a whole lot more ALIKE than they do DIFFERENT...The differences are in the nuances...and what is important to one person is not important to another...

So, should you try different lines? OF COURSE...You'll probaly find you like ALL OF THEM...I personally, really have to search for the bad points on any cruise...(and, for the most part, I'd rather not)...Even though I had my "worst" cruise on Princess, I'd gladly cruise with them again (I just haven't because the right opportunity hasn't come up)...

It does amaze me when people think one particular cruise line is "the best" but they have never really tried any of the others...

Try them...there are good things to be found on all...You may find one you prefer--for whatever reasons...Of course, if you're like me, you may prefer one line, but you'll gladly cruise on any of them...

Good luck...

As everyone else has said it depends on what you, the cruiser, are looking for. I have sailed on RCCL and Carnival- the RCCL was a 4 day cruise that I wasn't too impressed with. I almost didn't try cruising again but the family talked me into a 7 day on Carnival in 6/05 on the Conquest. We had a great time. Will I try others? Yes. With all the kids (4) probably not. Carnival is a great value for the money. My kids are happy on Carnival and so is my wallet. Now, if it were just my DH and I we would try Celebrity, Windstar or something of that caliber. We sailed in June'05 and are sailing the Valor in June '07. It is hurricane season, but June is not usually an active month which is why I choose to cruise then.

WoW:D Thanks for all the info, I have already booked again on the new princeness ship that just sailed. next year in march. but will be trying different cruise lines, will be taking the kids on carnival this summer!!!!! thanks guys for all your great input.:p

I have cruised on RCCL, CCL and Princess. I had good times on all. But Princess would be least liked if I had to choose. All due to staff/crew response to issues. RCCL -Jewel of the Sea was great for service, food and entertainment. Carnival is just fun. Something was always happening. Most of the newer ships are pretty much the same, I believe. The time you have depends on what you make of it and what the ship has to offer to keep you busy and enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for your input I think we had the fever and booked to soon, after our cruise with princeness. The ship will be new and it will be for 10 days, I am sure we will have a great time:D But in the future I will want to try different cruise lines!! Have a great day!!

Thanks for your input I think we had the fever and booked to soon, after our cruise with princeness. The ship will be new and it will be for 10 days, I am sure we will have a great time:D But in the future I will want to try different cruise lines!! Have a great day!!

Don't worry, you will have a great time.

Right now I am hooked on RCCL cause I am leaving in 18 days. ;) But talk to me after I get back...my opinion may change. :)

We cruised the Grand in February of this year, our first time on Princess. We had a great time with Princess, but our home is with Carnival. I didn't really see much difference between the two except that Carnival had a lot more fun stuff going on.

As for cruising during hurricane season, were hoping a small brief hurricane just happens to block our path as we return to port on the Destiny in September:D

Thanks for your input, I hope a small one blocks your port too:D I think your right Carnival does have more fun stuff, I think it would be a cruise for family for sure thanks again and have a wonderful time on your cruise!!!!

Archived