Princess' new ship "The Emerald"

curiser2

She sets sail tomorrow April 11 from Romefor her maiden voyage. There has been little publicity about her. Probably because she is a sister ship of the new Crown Princess. Watch for day to day reviews on the Roll Call for April 11.

Bon Voyage

My DH and I are booked on The Emerald: March 5th, 2008. We are going to the Eastern Caribbean. Have any info on any excursions, or things to do???

Are you registered on the Cruise Personalizer on the Princess website? There are shore excursions listed for most of the ports that the Emerald will visit. DH and I are booked on the 2/4/08 sailing and have seen lists of tentative shore excursions for the various ports of call on our voyage. It's much to early to book these ship tours, of course, but you can get an idea of what might be available when you sail.

I'm looking forward to reviews of the new ship from those who are lucky enough to sail on the Emerald in the coming weeks.

Chris

*IF* St Thomas is one of your stops, I HIGHLY recommend the Turtle Cove Sail and Power Snorkle excursion! It is the BEST :D We just came back from a sailing on the Caribbean Princess and I can't wait to go back, purely for that excursion!

Happy Sailing,

Anne

Any of you going in June?

Then if you want to be part of one of the most exciting spectacles Florence has to offer on june 24th they play a soccer game that dates back to the 16th century called Calcio in costume. This is a blend of soccer, wrestling and rugby-with little or no rules. It is played in ancient costumes but most of the guys end up naked from the waist up about 10 minutes into it........:rolleyes: The event is preceeded by a lavish parade thru the streets and ends up in Piazza Santa Croci where the match is held. The evening ends with fabulous fireworks display along the banks of the Arno river.

Any of you going in June?

Then if you want to be part of one of the most exciting spectacles Florence has to offer on june 24th they play a soccer game that dates back to the 16th century called Calcio in costume. This is a blend of soccer, wrestling and rugby-with little or no rules. It is played in ancient costumes but most of the guys end up naked from the waist up about 10 minutes into it........:rolleyes: The event is preceeded by a lavish parade thru the streets and ends up in Piazza Santa Croci where the match is held. The evening ends with fabulous fireworks display along the banks of the Arno river.

where can I get more info on this? times etc?

where can I get more info on this? times etc?

You can go to comunedifirenze dot com-I think there is a link there for English translation........and look for events in June, select Calcio in costume. The festivities start in the morning near the center of town with flag twirlers, bands, ancient costumes, presentation of the teams etc, then the parade walks to Piazza Santa Croci (the square is covered in dirt for the day for the players to play on) and there the game is played. After the game is over as dusk is settling in make your way to the Ponte Vecchio bridge, or really any part of the river frontage road known as Lungarno, grab an icecream and wait for the massive fireworks to begin!

hope this helps!

Archived