Princess Transfers?

8mpg

Going to Alaska for the first cruise ever and we have Princess transfers included in our fare. My question is, when you get off the plane, how do you know where to go? Do you just go to get your bags then wait outside for their van? I thought I read somewhere they will pick up your bags and put them on the boat for you...is that right?

We had Princess transfers and landed in Anchorage. The Princess reps were there waiting for us. Yes, they picked up the bags and took them to the bus. They also put them aboard the ship. The service was great and we had no probems. Have a wonderful cruise.

This is good to hear. We have princess transfers as well and wondered about where to go/who to look for.

And we fly out of Anchorage at 9:40pm and don't know what time the transfer is that will take us to the airport since check-out of our hotel is for that morning:confused: :confused: :confused: . Still don't know the answer to that one (and neither does the TA:rolleyes: )

This is good to hear. We have princess transfers as well and wondered about where to go/who to look for.

And we fly out of Anchorage at 9:40pm and don't know what time the transfer is that will take us to the airport since check-out of our hotel is for that morning:confused: :confused: :confused: . Still don't know the answer to that one (and neither does the TA:rolleyes: )

Sorry, can't help you there. It was one way. I would just give Princess a call for information. Is the hotel involved at all with Princess? Have a wonderful cruise. It was by far my favorite ever!!

Wait? What? If I read it right, you are landing in Anchorage after a cruise that morning. Your flight isn't until 9:40pm later that night or the next nite. If that's the case, Princess Transfer is essentially going to be useless because it's supposed to take you from the cruise to the airport. Or, from the airport to the cruise if you are coming in for a cruise. If you have an airport, many hotels have a free shuttle. For an Alaska cruise, it's like a 1 1/2 hour drive down to the piers so you would likely have to go from your hotel back to the airport to the baggage claim area, meet up with the Princess people, and then go down to the pier. That's a waste. Might as well hire an independent transport for the same price or cheaper that will take you from the hotel to the pier. That way you don't have to lug your luggage around unnecessarily.

For my Alaska cruise, my TA says that when I get off the plane, I look for the Green signs and head down to baggage claim where I'll meet the Princess reps who have already gotten my luggage. On previous cruises, the Princess reps have been waiting near the exits of right where I enter the airport after getting off the plane.

Archived