Sunset Beach Montego Bay

OKTEACH

WE are cruising on the Carnival Conquest in late July. Has anyone gone to the Sunset Beach Resort while in Montego Bay? We are sailing with our 5 year old and 9 year old children. I am hoping to find a fun place for all of us that has a lot to do for the price. Can anyone give insight on this beach?

WE are cruising on the Carnival Conquest in late July. Has anyone gone to the Sunset Beach Resort while in Montego Bay? We are sailing with our 5 year old and 9 year old children. I am hoping to find a fun place for all of us that has a lot to do for the price. Can anyone give insight on this beach?

You may want to look at the Ports of Call board..link below:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=111

My husband and I sailed the Conquest in January and went to Sunset Beach in Montego Bay. We left our kids at home because they are only 1&2, but your kids would like the castle with waterslides and lazy river with tubes. There is a gift shop, internet cafe, several pools, spa, nice beach and the lunch buffet was good. You can see the ship because the resort is only a few blocks from port...$2 cab ride per person.

Have fun!

Laurel

206827741_Dec26098.jpg.c00b38eb62ad4f723a7aef7bb2fc98b6.jpg

1599747449_MontegoBay100.jpg.12a03b34563ad6d3228af2af06e75e52.jpg

258987690_Dec26097.jpg.aed83d836c23c80fbdd8c3a70314a209.jpg

we were there the week of mar 25

kids 9,14,16

14 & 9 enjoyed the water park... good slides, good river... they also had an arcade (all games were free!)

DW & DD enjoyed the beach, all of us had a good lunch and good drinks

only negatives:

1) the shuttle drivers argued for 10 minutes who would take us to the beach (2 minute drive)

2) the driver tried to talk us into another beach, but we held firm

3) the 'guy' who was checking out the toys (snorkel, paddle boats, etc) was very disinterested, would not give us any snorkel equip because the wave action was making the water cloudy and the snorkeling was no good... he was correct, by my son still wanted to try it... i had to go to the front desk, find the manager, and eventually got my way... but the 'guy' was not very happy about it

be prepared to surrender your S&S card (a little disconcerting)... you get it back when you leave... absolutely no clue why they wanted it, but you don't get in unless you comply

Mike

Archived