Be Aware If You Are Driving To Port Canaveral

snelsonbrown

Hello,

I just thought I would give you a heads up if you are driving to Port Canaveral. Please keep your driving at the posted the speed limit. On Wednesday 231 speeding tickets were given out on the Beachline AKA Highway 528 by the Speed Patrols. Tickets are starting at $185.00. It was announced yesterday that Highway 520 and Interstate 95 is being included now by the Speed Patrols.

Keep yourself in control and you will be fine. I would like each of you to enjoy your cruise without having to face a traffic ticket or worse like an accident.

Take care and have a fun time.

Always

Shirley

Hello,

I just thought I would give you a heads up if you are driving to Port Canaveral. Please keep your driving at the posted the speed limit. On Wednesday 231 speeding tickets were given out on the Beachline AKA Highway 528 by the Speed Patrols. Tickets are starting at $185.00. It was announced yesterday that Highway 520 and Interstate 95 is being included now by the Speed Patrols.

Keep yourself in control and you will be fine. I would like each of you to enjoy your cruise without having to face a traffic ticket or worse like an accident.

Take care and have a fun time.

Always

Shirley

Sound advice ... but note ... as I drove down 528 this week (visiting fm VA) I was getting 'beeped @' .... speed limit is 70 ........ I was doing local 60 speeds on highway.....

Take it for what it's worth :)

The speed limit is 70 until you get to Cocoa then it changes to 55 all the way to the port - this is where it is confusing - you are doing 70 and then have to drop down to 55 super fast - its after where the change comes in that speed patrols are sitting. We took a ride on 528 today and in just a short sprint, there were 7 cars pulled over. Better safe than sorry.

Always

Shirley

Driving into Port Canaveral on Sat. from New Orleans, should I take I-75 from I-10 or keep going to I-95 and head down to the port?

Just stay on I-95 - for most part it is faster AND NO TOLLS, but just be careful for it seems like traffic has been so heavy everywhere and the speed patrols are out.

If you have any questions or get lost, just call the shop at 800-940-4559 ok?

Always

Shirley

The speed limit is 70 until you get to Cocoa then it changes to 55 all the way to the port - this is where it is confusing - you are doing 70 and then have to drop down to 55 super fast - its after where the change comes in that speed patrols are sitting. We took a ride on 528 today and in just a short sprint, there were 7 cars pulled over. Better safe than sorry.

Always

Shirley

Thanks for the heads up - we find the traffic to be faster than the limit all the way from WDW to PC

Cheers

Jason

Thanks for the heads up - we find the traffic to be faster than the limit all the way from WDW to PC

Cheers

Jason

Hey Jason and there has been so many accidents on the Beachline heading over here - the accidents have held up many for long periods of time and this is one of the reasons Brevard County decided to crack down - as I said the speeds that are posted is what they will accept and maybe just maybe about 5 miles over and that is it and believe me when they pull you over, its not to give you an invitation to a "Welcome to Brevard" party ;-).

Its better to be safe than sorry. We have had some heartbreaking accidents and its best to be safe than sorry.

Always

Shirley

Hey Jason and there has been so many accidents on the Beachline heading over here - the accidents have held up many for long periods of time and this is one of the reasons Brevard County decided to crack down - as I said the speeds that are posted is what they will accept and maybe just maybe about 5 miles over and that is it and believe me when they pull you over, its not to give you an invitation to a "Welcome to Brevard" party ;-).

Its better to be safe than sorry. We have had some heartbreaking accidents and its best to be safe than sorry.

Always

Shirley

IMO Shirley, it's about time - we are a right lane hugger on that strecth of the road as even the right lane is often trying to pace above the limit - with gas prices where they are and all the crosses and memorials along the route, you think people would slow it down and enjoy the drive as opposed to geez let's get there 5.3 minutes earlier :eek:

Shirley--

when you say "speed patrols", that just means police out there enforcing the speed limit, right? Or is there some other form of radar or aerial or something else?

also--what is the point at which the Beeline switches from 70 to 55? Before those bridges? Seems like the port is only maybe 20 minutes or even less on 528 after exiting I-95.

Shirley--

when you say "speed patrols", that just means police out there enforcing the speed limit, right? Or is there some other form of radar or aerial or something else?

also--what is the point at which the Beeline switches from 70 to 55? Before those bridges? Seems like the port is only maybe 20 minutes or even less on 528 after exiting I-95.

The "speed patrols" are special units that are being put out on the road to try to bring control back into place - the switch happens before you reach Cocoa, Florida and at this moment, I don't remember if its before or after Hwy 524. I should remember but at this age, having a senior moment - yes it is way before you reach the bridges. You are about 17 miles from I-95 to the port. I am going to have to check this out tomorrow so that I won't have to do another retrack or edit my post. I know the traffic is extremely heavy and I know the accidents are daily and this is reason for extra security. Someone made the remark to me that Brevard County needed the money, NOPE WE DON'T WANT ANY MORE LIVES DESTROYED so in a way its a good thing. I have seen actions taken that have stun me and I get into Cape Canaveral and there sits the car that took so many chances, getting gas. Go figure - I thought he may have had to use the restroom :-).

Anyhow will let you know exalty where it all starts and ends Ok?

Always

Shirley

OK here is the correct information - first from I-95 to the port it is about 13 miles East and the speed limit is 70 since it is "open space" and no homes close to the main highway, when you get to the first turn off which is Hwy 524 (which by the way if you need to stop by a grocery store, Wal-mart, drugstore, post office, restaurant, this is the place to get off at and turn South) the speed drops down to 55 miles NOW when you get to the 2nd high bridge and coming toward Port Canaveral and go over a smaller overpass, the speed drops down again to 45 so you have to watch for the drops and the speed patrols are located all up and down this area. Just remember it really is just for your safety, thats all.

Anyhow hope that this helped clear this subject up.

Always

Shirley

Archived