Table by a window

mh1973

Sure, you can request it. Probably won't mean much though. Go to your assigned seating when you first board, and see what assignment you have been given. You can see the Maitre d' after boarding, and make that request to him. The time and place to see him will be announced in the "Capers", ship's daily newsletter that will be waiting in your cabin when you arrive. Good luck.:) Also - the tables by windows are large tables, usually for 8. You can't request "chairs right next to the window".

Can you request a table by the window in the dining room? Should I call and do that now or wait until we get on the ship?

Calling wouldn't do you any good. All requests for seating are simply that, requests, unless you're Platinum. As said above, you can check with the Maitre D' when you board, but they will probably have already assigned those seats.

as others have mentioned... don't bother. It is dark when you eat at night. You'll only see your own reflection.(unless of course that is what you want - lol)

If you do the open seating for breakfast or lunch they would be more than happy to put you by a window. :D

If your a platinum member you have a better chance of receiving a window after requests. I send in a letter with requests each cruise and if not liked what I received I go to Maitra de on the ship which does'nt happen very often and I'm not to picky. The window seats are perfect if you eat early especially because it gets dark as you eat. Sometimes in the dark you still have a good view of the moon. I always choose the window seat and hope you get one on your cruise.:)

Cassandra

We've been on many sailings where it's so sunny at dinner time (early seating) that we've had to close the curtains because it was too bright.

When you get your sail and sign card, go check out your table, you may find that you like the location even better than a table by the window. On some ships, the window tables are at the outdoor promenade deck level, and all you'll really see are alot of people walking by during your dinner. Some have nice views, though!

If they can't accomodate you for your specific dining time, you could always request a different dining time, if they can offer you a window seat at that seating.

Maybe you'll get lucky and get a window table right off the bat. :) Enjoy your cruise!

Archived