Boudicca return-

merecat

Just back off Boudicca ,what an improvement to my cruise on her Nov. Dec., everything from Entertainment to food has improved . The staff that hadn,t "gelled" have gone and to have the Captain shake hands with everyone as we left the ship to thank us personally for cruiseing with Olsen was a really nice touch. I pity his hand though .:)

• 3 weeks later...

We went on Boudicca last year and after sailing on Braemar twice I was a bit disappointed. Namely:

The entertainment was poor.

The waiters had to be prompted all the time to fill up water glasses - normally this is done automatically.

The library was ruined by it adjoining the games room. Someone always seemed to be giving bridge lessons (the card game, not the part of the ship) I had no idea that bridge was so noisy!

The beds were single beds and mine had a distinct slope from left to right. I don't think that there is a double bed option owing to the limited room.

Two weeks after we booked the cruise we were sent a circular saying that the price had gone down £100 and they were offering free parking at Dover. I phoned FO and was told that they were sympathetic but my TA would have to phone and ask for a reduction. The TA told me that they tried and got nowhere but when I wrote a mild letter of protest to FO the price mysteriously came down!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

did i see your naming on the princess board? i remember the name on the apr 19th cruise. did the may b8th cruise in the end. anyway iam doing on the boudicca in sept o the mini cruise looking forward to going on boasrde he again. anything you can tell me about her i love. iam booked in a single balcony any idea of the view s some are a bit obstructed i hear. i ws on this ship in 1995 as the GOLDEN PRINCESS in hawaii i shared a cabin right at the back of the ship.

talk soon

dave

Archived