R Family drops Bermuda

Jumbiecruiser

Gregg and Kelli have announced that R Family is dropping Bermuda from the upcoming cruise on the Norwegian Dawn in July due to planned protests by local churches. They are going to pick up Pt. Canaveral, Key West and an overnight on NCL's private island with entertainment lined up for a night on the island. Bermuda's loss is Key West gain. Is going to be a great cruise. Entertainment was also posted today.

It is just SO UNFAIR that some holier than thou folks are ruining this cruise for everyone.

I hope there are folks at the docks in Port Canaveral and Key West with HUGE welcome to Florida signs!!!!!

Ruining the cruise???? Somehow they think they may have succeeded with their ranting and raving but in the end the decision to pull thousands of dollars out of their pockets speaks! Its a good decision and one many should be saying in the end. Why spend money where you aren't wanted. Who I feel sorry for are the ones in Bermuda willing to welcome the cruise.

David

The thing I would like to say to these people is the following....

This cruise is for families, which means children. To show your disdain, anger or hate to children is not only cruel...it is the furthest thing from Christianity or any organized religion I know of. To hurt children......seems like a sin to me........if this is what is taught in your church, and is in your heart.....I feel sorry for you all.

Adults on the cruise have tools to deal with these groups...children do not. Sorry, when it comes to hurting children, I really get bent. I am glad to hear the change was made to by pass this port.

Tom

• 1 month later...

I am working and living in Bermuda. I was disgusted to hear this happened. It is a beautiful island but so much prejudice against expat employees, sexual orientation, religion.......I can go on and on. I hope word gets out about this and more and more people realize what type of people are on this island. Not all are unfriendly and cold but most have a very fake side to them. The church rules peoples lives enough to spread hate towards a group of people who are what the "bible says is unexceptable" Common get with the times......We are all human......

Archived