Stockings/pantyhose for formal nights?

Painter

Enough of this panty whostit malarky, what about the guys. Y fronts of jockies??

David.

Actually, David, We WERE talking about the guys! Some like they way they feel, or the way they act like compressions socks for less tired legs (yeah right! <G>)

Haven't you heard of our macho football jock Joe Namath?

<snicker>

Really !

Karie

Some fashion police-type person once told me that it is exceptionally tacky to wear hose with open-toed shoes because the little seam at the toe always shows. I have no idea if that's a real fashion rule or not, though.

Some fashion police-type person once told me that it is exceptionally tacky to wear hose with open-toed shoes because the little seam at the toe always shows. I have no idea if that's a real fashion rule or not, though.

So you get to choose between getting a fashion citation for stockings with open toed shoes or a fashion citation for no stockings on formal nights.... Or you can wear army boots! <LOL>

(Where are those little laughing bean guys when you need them!)

Either way- You are obviously too tacky to think about it. So I say wear what's comfortable, go, and enjoy!

What the heck, if you're damned if you do, damned if you don't, then give it up and have a great time!

<G>

Karie,

who always wonders who elected these people the arbiters of fashion!

And boy would I like to judge them! <EG>

So you get to choose between getting a fashion citation for stockings with open toed shoes or a fashion citation for no stockings on formal nights.... Or you can wear army boots! <LOL>

(Where are those little laughing bean guys when you need them!)

I think you'd definitely get a citation for the army boots! :D

Forget the sizes on the package. Get Queen Size. I'm not kidding. If you saw me, you'd never think I wore Queen size hose. But I do.. and problem solved!

:) Thank you for the advice. Sincerely! I'm blown away. And they don't sag and bag? The waist band isn't up to your rib cage? This really gave me a giggle.:D I can't imagine buying queen size hose as a size 6 - or even now that I've "grown" another size. (Am rectifying that now since I "have nothing to wear"). It actually works? Incredible. I'd never have thought of that in a million years, so thanks for enlightening me. I'll try it one day when all the spider veins, etc. take over and I absolutely have to wear hose. By then, I might actually be queen size and would have to find some super-duper jumbo hose! The sad thing is that my older female relatives HAVE to wear special hose pretty much 24/7, so I'm sure at some point I'll be in support hose (or whatever they are). I used to love to wear the thicker tights in winter when I was much younger, but they're not appropriate for formal wear - unless I misunderstand the fashion rules. ;) I can just see myself in thick black ribbed tights and an elegant gown. That would turn some heads :eek: Wouldn't the pics be fabulous? :)

So you get to choose between getting a fashion citation for stockings with open toed shoes or a fashion citation for no stockings on formal nights.... Or you can wear army boots! <G>

Karie,

who always wonders who elected these people the arbiters of fashion!

And boy would I like to judge them! <EG>

So the Doc Martens are out? Bummer :o

Susan (showing her age)

Nope. Polyester Pantsuits! :rolleyes: :p

I've been wondering about these things. Is there an age where a package suddenly appears on your doorstep? The one that's filled with those polyester pants (with the front seam stitched in) and matching tops/blouses with the elastic band around the bottom hem?

This outfit is so ubiquitous I have begun to believe it's some kind of uniform that gets shipped out once a certain age is reached.

I've been wondering about these things. Is there an age where a package suddenly appears on your doorstep? The one that's filled with those polyester pants (with the front seam stitched in) and matching tops/blouses with the elastic band around the bottom hem?

This outfit is so ubiquitous I have begun to believe it's some kind of uniform that gets shipped out once a certain age is reached.

Be very worried Angela.....:eek:

Tee Hee...Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

I think it's a free gift with your paid AARP membership. Except I will have to have the one with the "shirtfront" There's not enough elastic in the universe for me to have a top with elastic on the bottom! And why do they make it in such hideous colors? Ahhh Visa Polyester. If I meet the MAN who invented that totally unflattering outfit, I will sentence him to 1970s disco era polyester leisure suits (with the contrast double stitching and wide lapels in equally hideous colors) in perpetuity!

Karie,

who can be quite vengeful when pushed too far!<G>

Archived