Swa Opens Fares 4-26 For Period Up To Nov 2nd

SWA open fares for period through Nov 2nd at 10 am central on April 26th. FYI.

Hope accurate, a SWA supv told me today.

She said to call after April 26th and we can find out when next phase opens.

These airfares are the hardest part of our group planning. Don't want to go through Denver, Chicago or other snow cities as stops from Phoenix to Orlando.

SWA open fares for period through Nov 2nd at 10 am central on April 26th. FYI.

Hope accurate, a SWA supv told me today.

She said to call after April 26th and we can find out when next phase opens.

These airfares are the hardest part of our group planning. Don't want to go through Denver, Chicago or other snow cities as stops from Phoenix to Orlando.

Thanks for posting.:)

I'm not sure what day you're booking, but here are the one-stops and nonstops from PHX to MCO for Nov. 2.

Flight: WN 850 (Southwest Airlines)

Depart: Phoenix Sky Harbor Intl Apt. 2 Nov 06:00

Arrive: Orlando International Apt 2 Nov 14:40

Aircraft: 733 Stops: 01

Travel Time: 5hrs 40mins

Flight: WN 1426 (Southwest Airlines)

Depart: Phoenix Sky Harbor Intl Apt. 2 Nov 09:30

Arrive: Orlando International Apt 2 Nov 16:45

Aircraft: 73G Stops: Non-Stop

Travel Time: 4hrs 15mins

Flight: WN 2086 (Southwest Airlines)

Depart: Phoenix Sky Harbor Intl Apt. 2 Nov 12:10

Arrive: Orlando International Apt 2 Nov 20:15

Aircraft: 73G Stops: 01

Travel Time: 5hrs 5mins

Flight: WN 1192 (Southwest Airlines)

Depart: Phoenix Sky Harbor Intl Apt. 2 Nov 13:15

Arrive: Orlando International Apt 2 Nov 21:25

Aircraft: 73G Stops: 01

Travel Time: 5hrs 10mins

If you want to avoid snow, then don't book 850 as that stops in St. Louis.

We are leaving Phx Jan 12 and returning Jan 20th.

You were so kind to list those flights.

Like I said, the airfare is the hardest to come together on as a group and with SW being the last to post, it makes it more difficult. MY DH and I are big SWA fans but the fairs are just not like they use to be. Not knowing when to book is a factor. Will prices go up or down?

Thanks for being so considerate.

Laura

Dan,

How were you able to get those flights? My sister is coming to MCO from Aus on 10/12 late in the day or 10/13 and returning on Oct 21. She's coming here to go on Mariner and we are waiting for the flights to open. I looked on SWA site and couldn't get the info.

Thanks.

Katie

We are leaving Phx Jan 12 and returning Jan 20th.

You were so kind to list those flights.

Like I said, the airfare is the hardest to come together on as a group and with SW being the last to post, it makes it more difficult. MY DH and I are big SWA fans but the fairs are just not like they use to be. Not knowing when to book is a factor. Will prices go up or down?

Thanks for being so considerate.

Laura

You never really know with SWA. Occasionally a sale will come up or if you want to be daring you can try to find something with Ding as you get close. It depends on how many seats are left and other factors.

I would just book right away on SWA. The lowest fare I found (granted, this is for August of this year) was $208. The cheapest fare I found today was $297 on Delta with a connection or $443 for a nonstop on US(eless) Airways.

Play around on http://www.kayak.com, and if you like the flights that are available, just go for it and then you won't have to worry about your airfare any longer!

Dan,

How were you able to get those flights? My sister is coming to MCO from Aus on 10/12 late in the day or 10/13 and returning on Oct 21. She's coming here to go on Mariner and we are waiting for the flights to open. I looked on SWA site and couldn't get the info.

Thanks.

Katie

Just see what they are currently offering and pick a couple of choices in case they change things with the new listings. You can at least get a good idea of what will be doing.

Dan,

Thanks.

Katie

Hi Katie,

I used OAG to find the flights. You can use it for any airport, just use this:

http://timetables.oag.com/XXX, where XXX represents the airports IATA (3-letter) code.

So here's AUS and MCO:

http://timetables.oag.com/AUS/

http://timetables.oag.com/MCO/

It should be worth noting, though, that once you get past the booking date range the schedules are much more likely to change.

In looking at those online cheap fares, they look cheaper and then you get to the taxes and they add 2x the taxes the carrier adds. Gotta watch for them.

Last yr this time got AA tickets to Ft Lauderdale from Phx 222.00 RT pp.

Delta is good going out this Jan but too late for us coming back this time. They have a great round trip fare.

May go Delta out one stop Atlanta and non stop America West returning total 368.00 pp.

It looks like we'll be playing the airfare game for a while. My DH thinks fares will come down more but who knows.:confused:

It looks like we'll be playing the airfare game for a while. My DH thinks fares will come down more but who knows.:confused:

Again, who knows! The graph on Kayak shows that fares have gone up a bit recently. As a few months pass (if you want to wait that long!) you can check Farecast.

Sue L & Dan,

Thanks for the info. I will play around and see what comes us. Dan, years ago, I went back to college and took classes as a travel agent. We had to use the OAG and I had forgotten all about it. Once I got out into the "real world" we just used the computer and no OAG. I haven't thought about that in years. Nor, would I have given a thought to the fact that it could be online.

Thanks so much.

Katie

MY DH and I are big SWA fans but the fairs are just not like they use to be. Not knowing when to book is a factor. Will prices go up or down?

The good thing about SWA is if you book early at a higher price, and then a sale pops up, you can get the difference in credit for future flights taken within one year. So if you buy at a "high" price, keep checking and you may be able to take advantage of that.

Fear not, fellow travelers! You will be happy to know that Southwest will soon tell you on their website when the next schedule release is planned!

(from http://www.blogsouthwest.com)

"We now make the tentative, planned date of the next schedule extension available to our Reservations Agents, and in short order this information will be prominently displayed at southwest.com. Bear in mind that the planned schedule extension date will always be subject to change, as we have to “tweak” the date every now and then, due to forces beyond our control—so while you can use the date as a planning tool, please check back occasionally to make sure the date doesn’t change."

The good thing about SWA is if you book early at a higher price, and then a sale pops up, you can get the difference in credit for future flights taken within one year. So if you buy at a "high" price, keep checking and you may be able to take advantage of that.

Yes, you are correct. I booked SWA for RT to Houston Hobby, and got a cheaper fare 1 way of the RT on a DING special. Nearly $60 credit for future flight(4 of us total):). The CSR helped me complete the transaction.

My bad :( Sorry!

:) No biggie... I tend to completely overlook the subject sometimes myself! They're actually kind of hard to find, once you are in the thread page itself, buried at the top of the page... and if you are in the reply screen, it's in small font as well!

I am actually looking to book a flight over Labor Day, I just have to remember to check back on that date and time!

Theron

We are going to cruise in October. Leaving on the 28th but not returning until Nov 4th. Have anyone booked 1 way there and another 1 way back home. Is it higher priced to do that. I see where you have to fly by Nov 2nd. What would our changes be to wait until after the Nov. 4th date to book round trip? Anybody ever booked air this way?

Thanks

We are going to cruise in October. Leaving on the 28th but not returning until Nov 4th. Have anyone booked 1 way there and another 1 way back home. Is it higher priced to do that. I see where you have to fly by Nov 2nd. What would our changes be to wait until after the Nov. 4th date to book round trip? Anybody ever booked air this way?

Thanks

SW does not charge extra for one-way trips. I book that way all the time. No penalties. :)

So what time can we expect this to take place? I am all set to go to book my airfare. Would like to do it before I have to head off to work tomorrow. Midnight MT?

EDIT: I need to wake up. I just saw you posted the time in your OP. Dang. Bad time. BashHead.gif

Archived