Driving Time from Toledo, OH to Port Canaveral

MrsPhoenix

VERY far, but cheaper than taking a plane and more control over punctuality...help please!

Have you tried mapquest.com?

We are in central KY and it was about a 12-13 hr drive for us. That was through the Carolina's and very few pit stops (dh acts like its a race against time and doesn't believe in bathroom breaks :eek: )

Yes, driving does save some $$, but to me, flying is the only way to go. I cannot stand to ride that long, and last time I said "never again". Fly in the day before and you really won't have to worry about punctuality.

MrsPhoenix, simply get on I-75 southbound from Toledo and that will bring you to Florida. South of Ocala you get on southbound Florida's Turnpike to Orlando and then take TOLL 528 eastbound directly into Port Canaveral.

Are you sure flying isn't cheaper? You're going to have about $250 worth of gasoline plus at least one hotel night going down and another returning home. And you're going to be pushing your luck if you're trying to get to the port that second afternoon before the ship leaves so you might need 2 nights coming down. That's at least $400-$450 right there plus food. Perhaps the fares out of Toledo are sky-high but what about Detroit? Last week Southwest and Northwest had $69 one-way fares on many flights.

BobK/Orlando

I am driving from Memphis to Cocoa Beach in Sept. For me, driving is WAY cheaper. I figured it like this:

--1800 miles roundtrip, plus I will be driving another 100 miles or so while I am there, for 1900 total miles.

--my Civic gets 300 miles per tank.

--currently, gas cost is $29 to fill my tank (11 gallons).

--1900 divided by 300 equals 6.33 tanks of gas...

--6.33 times $29 equals $184 in gas.

--plus a one night cheap motel stay halfway there...$50.

--total of $234.

Plus, I'd need a rental car during my stay. So for me, it is a no-brainer!

Drive, and enjoy the scenery while saving some $$$!:)

Archived