Inflatable Bed/Bunk??

NattysMom

Hi! We are going on the Crown Princess in June with our 3 year old daughter. I've been reading as many threads as I can but I keep seeing conflicting advice about floor space in a balcony room.

I think she's probably too little to sleep in the pull-down bed but is there enough room to bring a child-sized inflatable bed and have it on the floor if the beds are separated?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Let me say first that I have not been on the Crown, but we usually have B category balcony cabins when we sail and we have sailed in other Grand Class ship balconies. That said and assuming all Grand Class balcony cabins are the same, I would think there would be room for a child size inflatable bed on the floor in front of the sliding glass doors leading to the balcony. The dressing table/desk is on the wall next to the beds, and the TV/refrigerator unit is in the corner across from the desk. There is a small upholstered chair and table in front of the door that could be removed, if necessary - we usually place the table in the closet for more space walking around, and the steward could remove the chair if it was required. I think leaving the beds in the queen configuration might get you another 12-18" of floorspace.

Hi NattysMom,

Well, my daughter is in the boat w/ my grandson who will be 2 1/2. They have asked for an egg crate and plan on putting that by the (locked) balcony door and he will use his sleeping bag on top of it.If this doesn't suffice, one of them will be climbing up to the bunk!:)

Hi! We are going on the Crown Princess in June with our 3 year old daughter. I've been reading as many threads as I can but I keep seeing conflicting advice about floor space in a balcony room.

I think she's probably too little to sleep in the pull-down bed but is there enough room to bring a child-sized inflatable bed and have it on the floor if the beds are separated?

There should be plenty of room in a balcony room for a inflatable bed. You could also use the couch or pull out sofa.

There should be plenty of room in a balcony room for a inflatable bed. You could also use the couch or pull out sofa.

I don't believe balcony rooms have couches/pull-out sofas. We've only had a small chair in front of the balcony door.

Becky

I don't have an answer as I haven't sailed the Crown yet, but I just wanted to say that you should check out the Roll Call boards for your sailing -- if you are sailing 6/17, then click on the link in my signature.

Thanks everyone! I looked at the online configuration and it did seem like asking to have the chair removed would give us some extra space. My husband, who is 6'4, didn't relish the idea of having his legs dangling off a bunk in mid-air! :eek:

Archived