Late flight from Anchorage - where can I store luggage?

pa6860

I am arriving in Whittier (Coral Princess) at 2 am then am scheduled to take the train transfer to Anchorage, but my flight is at 10:00pm that nite.

What do I do with my luggage for that whole time? Is there a safe place to store the luggage while I explore the town?

Also, when exactly does the train leave, and how long does it take, and where does it take us?

Thanks!!!!

There is a luggage storage place on the first floor of the airport. They charge by the piece. Can leave it there and catch a taxi into town and return. We had the same problem on our first cruise to Alaska. We did just as I outlined. Ate lunch at Humpy's, shopped, visited a few sites of interest, ate dinner at Marx Bros, and by then had to catch a taxi back to the airport. Don't forget you really need to be back at the airport 2 hours early.

Larry

Ideally to see more- consider renting a car. If you are on the ship contracted train out of Whittier- that drops off at the airport. There is Thrify, Payless, Dollar, Alamo etc Someone else will have to answer the train schedule. :)

Thanks Larry and Budget Queen.

I appreciate your input. Although renting a car would be nice, I think I'd rather just spend a very leisurely afternoon in Anchorage (my wife is pregnant). I think the airport storage sounds easy enough. But I've also heard about Egan center. What is it, and is it better to store my luggage there or at the airport?

Thanks.

If your wife is pregnant- then you'll be doing a lot of walking without a car? And lugging luggage to Egan if that is what you want to do, but doesn't make sense hauling it back and forth from the airport??? Why not just leave it there perhaps?? http://www.dot.state.ak.us/anc/PassengerSvcs/baggagestorage.html Anchorage is a big spread out city. Egan Center is downtown- there should be cruiseline shuttle buses back and forth- But again with out much time perhaps waits for buses and loading. If you want to see downtown- head to the visitor center and perhaps pick up their visitor guide. There is a good walking tour map with detailed sights.

I am arriving in Whittier (Coral Princess) at 2 am then am scheduled to take the train transfer to Anchorage, but my flight is at 10:00pm that nite.

What do I do with my luggage for that whole time? Is there a safe place to store the luggage while I explore the town?

Also, when exactly does the train leave, and how long does it take, and where does it take us?

Thanks!!!!

You are arriving in Whittier at 2am on the Coral ??? Normally they do not start letting people off until 8 or so in the morning. How are you getting off so early??

Archived