Britania Club Dining

CrusinPaul

Has anyone used this new feature? Is the room to small? Is the menu the same as the main restaurant?

Thanks.

We are waiting to hear - apparently there have been those who have used it and use cruise critic.

The menu is larger. A bit.

The room (cabin) is identical.

The room in the restaurant is the bit that no-one wants normally, or so I am told.

The only benefit (and benefit it certainly is - other things being equal (which they are not)) is single seating dining.

But at those prices - no thanks.

Matthew

The only benefit is single seating dining.

Matthew

Oh Matthew! How could you forget the pillow concierge! Why that alone is worth the price!

aKArie,

Who wonders what her steward would do if she asked for a premium pillow type. Probably run and fetch one, no doubt, even in steerage!

We were on the 10 April cruise out of NY to St Thomas etc and were "upgraded" to the Brittania Club on arrival at NY. Apparently those who book a 12th Deck Balcony AA will now be in that category.

The cabin is the same as those on Deck 11 etc - we loved our cabin and the service was great.

The dinning room was enjoyable - particularly as in the evening we could attend at anytime between 6 - 9.30 pm. The menu was slightly different from the others. We had a 8 seat table next to a window and had throughly enjoyable dinner companions which added to the great experience.

The only other "perk" if I can put it that way was we got invited to the Commodores welcome with the Grill and Princess passengers on the second night out.

I really enjoyed the experience and we did not have to pay the extra - I don"t know what the extra payment is but probably would not pay the difference if asked to make a choice about it.

Having said all that - it is a magnificant ship - met and exceeded our expections in every way and we look forward to sailing on her again one day.

Regards

Gordon

Two, actually. One for the early sitting, the other for the late.

So zero advantage in going to the Grill one?

I couldn't tell the difference when I crashed the Mauretania one - nor could anyone else, other than Capt. McNaught, who recognised us from the balcony of 8081!

Matthew

We were on the 10 April cruise out of NY and were "upgraded" to the Brittania Club on 12th Deck Balcony.

Having said all that - it is a magnificant ship - met and exceeded our expections in every way and we look forward to sailing on her again one day. Regards Gordon

Hi Gordon & Diane,

Welcome back home to the "Down Under" safe and sound I hope.

I didn't know when you were returning. I know that Brian & Annie also arrived middle of this week back home.

As you see, we are interesting in something next year that we would like to go on, book and look forward to. A 13 day QM2 Eastern, Western Caribbean and also Panama Canal.

Hope we can cruise together again.....

Say Hi! to Diane.

Hi Gordon & Diane....

Hope all is doing well in the Australia..

We are reaching our to your email address for the others that were on our cruise.

If you can sent it to my email address I will distribute it to the others. My email address is in my profile section that you can use.

Hope you can send it me if you can.

Hi Gordon & Diane,

Hope all is doing fine in Australia "Down Under".

We are starting to exchange email addresses from our cruise and would like your if possible.

You can find mine in my profile area.

Please forward yours.

Dear Ed

We are still in the USA for another month but have been doing some travelling around to see other parts of this wonderful country.

I will send you our email address today - can you please pass it on to the others.

Someone asked if Deck 12 was rough in bad weather - we were located about 1/3 back from the bow and even though we did experience some bad weather on the way back to NY on 17 April - both Di and I did not find it that bad that it caused us to be seasick or unable to sleep.

The QM is a big ship built to take to rough weather.

Regards and best wishes

Gordon

Dear Ed

I will send you our email address today - can you please pass it on to the others. Regards and best wishes, Gordon

Hi Gordon & Di,

GDay!

Hope you are enjoy this vast country of ours. Also hope the weather is good. We are finally enjoying the weather we were looking for, especially for 4-5 days in a roll.

Thank you for forwarding your email address and will share it with all. I have only one more that I am waiting for, Jack & Brent if they wish to share. And the group is complete.

I will forward any photo's of our group to your home email address to keep. Will it be the one in Australia?

Say Hi! to Diane. She is a very nice lady as all the ladies of our cruise.

We were very lucky to have met such lovely people on the cruise and also as a Cruise Critic Group.

Enjoy....................

Archived