Swap Meet Questions

JC in CA

For anyone who has been to the Swap meet in Honolulu- I have a couple of questions!

-have you seen many boogie boards (used are fine!) there- we are trying to decide if we should rent or buy- and I got the idea that perhaps we could find a second hand board

-what are the days/hours for summer? What time do vendors typically start closing up? We arrive at noon on a Saturday- and not sure if we can make it before everyone closes up!

I have heard it gets very hot- walking on asphalt- bring water, hat, sunglasses and sunscreen the tops of your feet in sandals--any other advice is greatly appreciated!

thanks!

-JC in CA

JC, here is the website for the swap meet: http://www.alohastadiumswapmeet.net/

Not much in the way of second-hand items there, so agree with ABC or Walmart for your boogie board. Lots of other stuff. The swap meet is held in the parking lot of Aloha Stadium, so it does get hot and there is precious little shade to be had. But, if you take a hat and some water, slather on your sunscreen, it can be interesting to walk around for a bit. There are many vendors selling t-shirts and beach towels, but there are also some unique items for sale.

Thanks for the site!

Here in CA- when I think of a Swap meet or flea market- they are people selling used items. My daughters would enjoy the swap meet though!

ABC or Wal Mart here we come for our beach supplies!

thanks again!

-JC

• 3 weeks later...

We purchased two used boards there. The outside vendors have the "new" items, but as you work your way into the inside vendors, there are lots of vendors with your typical swapmeet items, including used ocean gear. You can get some great deals on both new and used items.

The day we left, we left our two used boards with two different families that we let the kids "hand pick" from the lobby at our hotel. The kids loved giving them away, and the families that received them were thrilled!

Archived