Glory Teen Disco Question

mamajules

MY son will be 14 on our cruise in October. Ultraviolets, the teen disco/arcade, looks awesome to him. Is it only for the 15-17 year olds, or can he hang there at night? He'll mostly want to be in the aracade section. I know with both the 12-14 set and the 15-17 set, they can kind of pick and choose what activities they want to do, and he'll probably participate some, but he'll probably mostly just want to hang there at night while Mom's doing her thing. Any info would be appreciated!

The White Heat Disco was open each night for an hour or two for the age 12-14 dancers. The arcade portion of the club you mention is available all the time to folks of any age (I do believe).

He won't be able to hang out in the ClubO2 portion because he is not 15.

We cruised at Christmas with family. DNiece was 13 and quite happy to meet new friends and hang out. They did some organized activities but also hung out in appropriate places.

We were on the Elation in November. My daughter was 13 and went to the 12-14 year old teen disco. It was the same place as the older teens met but the time was so limited it was barely worth going. I think it was only open for this age for 1 hour 15 minutes. She actually found it to be very lame. She is use to going to school / teen dances at home and the music they listen to was a far from the music their dj was playing. Some of the kids in the 12-14 year old group actually appeared to be more along the line of 10-11 years of age. The kids in this age group were very shy and by the time they got enough courage to dance the alloted time would be over.

A couple nights into the cruise they started letting the 13-14 year old kids join in at the 15-17 disco. I'm not sure if they were actually invited or just not questioned, but my daughter and her friends actually enjoyed the music and had a much better time. Being the nosey mom that I am I would periodically go past the disco just too "spy" and make sure she was not in over her head with this age group.

We will be going on the Carnival next year and hope they will allow her to move up to the 15 year old age group. She will be in high school and a few months shy of 15. They really need to re-evaluate the 12-14 year old activities in my opinion. On our particular cruise it was more arts and crafts for 12-14 where she would have been more into the sports competitions, etc. Hopefully with the Glory being a bigger ship there will be more age appropriate activities.

I think I read on another thread that most ships have a 3 month rule, meaning that if your teen is within 3 months of the age requirement they will let them in. My DD is 15 but her friend will not be 15 until August. We are sailing in June. They are both freshmen in highschool now and will want to be in the 15-17 year age group. I would hope that the 3 month rule will apply here since they are in high school already. In Texas, you can start kindergarten as long as you are 5 by August 31st. It is obviously different in each state...

Archived