Room Decorations?

tsj04

Has anyone got the Happy Honeymoon room decorations? Were they nice? I was thinking about ordering it. Also, I was wondering about the vanilla honeymoon cake and also the canapes. Are they any good? I was debating whether to order these things or not for our cuise in January. I posted this question on Cruise Foodies a couple of days ago and didn't get any answers so I thought I would try here. Thanks!

The decorations are fun and festive! You'll have streamers, a couple of keychains, a desk decoration you can easily dismantle and take home, and a big banner.

The canapes were, in my opinion...yucky. The cake is good, though!

We put it on our daughter's wish list and registry for her wedding/honeymoon.

She also got photo coupons, drink coupons, etc. It was very nice for them to enjoy extras that they would have been afraid to be frivilous on.

I think it is more enjoyable when someone else pays for/orders it! Maybe you could hint around or ask your Maid of Honor to pass the word.

Thanks everyone for the replies :) We actually got married almost 3 years ago but never had a chance to go on a honeymoon due to DH's work(NAVY) so we finally **fingers crossed** hope to pull this off.

We seem to cruise durng the week of our daughter's birthday more often than not.

One year, we ordered the Happy Birthday "package" from the ship for our daughter's 10th or 11th birthday. It was literally a few balloons and a very sad looking "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" in letters taped to the wall. While she was pleased, we were very sad because we knew it had cost a whopping $40!!

Next year before our cruise, I stopped at the dollar store. For under $6, I had ALL THE SUPPLIES to totally decorate the cabin! I had streamers hanging all the way around her upper bunk, balloons FILLED the cabin and the signs on the wall and the exterior door were excellent. All for $6, a little planning, and lots of hot air to inflate the balloons! :o

Granted this doesn't work when you're ordering it for someone who's cruising (and you're not) but this info. might be helpful to anyone wondering about festive room decorations!

If I remember correctly, they were about thirty dollars for the Anniversary decorations that we had on The Sensation last year. I also had a special floral arrangement for my husband from a florist in Port Canaveral delivered to our cabin and they did a beautiful job on the flowers. I'll try to attach a couple of pictures.

1968847671_2006..SENSATIONCRUISE...41PHOTOS016.jpg.c4eeabb7d63b32162e6e26ab4f9be3a3.jpg

1624701765_2006..SENSATIONCRUISE...41PHOTOS195.jpg.be643fcc9d36e803c3db39496755b4bf.jpg

590634147_2006..SENSATIONCRUISE...41PHOTOS066.jpg.3e82328ce88cc4e3f8a11fe60bde878e.jpg

751487975_2006..SENSATIONCRUISE...41PHOTOS012.jpg.3a0ee7bfe8eb48bb51267028f6f525fd.jpg

207681670_2006..SENSATIONCRUISE...41PHOTOS001.jpg.63ca1a622e36993c25295558d6e6c074.jpg

If I remember correctly' date=' they were about thirty dollars for the Anniversary decorations that we had on The Sensation last year. I also had a special floral arrangement for my husband from a florist in Port Canaveral delivered to our cabin and they did a beautiful job on the flowers. I'll try to attach a couple of pictures.[/quote']

Can flowers be deliver to the ship from any local florist we are first departing from? Did you find that the local florist was less expensive then the ship florist?

Can flowers be deliver to the ship from any local florist we are first departing from? Did you find that the local florist was less expensive then the ship florist?

I guess you would need to check with your local florist, or check with some florist in the port you are leaving from. I found a florist in Port Canaveral that did a wonderful job. It was actually more expensive than buying the flowers from Carnival, because of delivery, but I wanted something that they did not offer. Wanted to make sure that it was in honor of his Military career. I talked with the Florist, and mailed her an Air Force Flag, along with a US Flag to be placed in the arrangement.Also had balloons delivered which is something that Carnival does not have. It still was reasonable as far as price. I plan to call her again when we go out of Pt Canaveral next year. Right now I am checking to see what I can find in Tampa. If anyone knows of a florist there that delivers to the cruise ships, would love to know. Thanks.

I've had both the "Happy Anniversary" and "Congratulations" decorations and I don't think it's worth it! :rolleyes: Like others have said, the decor is something you could do better yourself, the keychains were cheap, and the cake had that horrible pre-made icing on it (the kind that comes pre-made and peels off the paper) and the inside was still partially frozen. Tasted a little bit of freezer burn too! YUCK!!

Has anyone got the Happy Honeymoon room decorations? Were they nice? I was thinking about ordering it. Also, I was wondering about the vanilla honeymoon cake and also the canapes. Are they any good? I was debating whether to order these things or not for our cuise in January. I posted this question on Cruise Foodies a couple of days ago and didn't get any answers so I thought I would try here. Thanks!

Last year we ordered the Happy Anniversary decorations and this month had the Happy Birthday decorations in our cabin. The anniversary ones stayed up all week ... the birthday ones some fell off (they told me in formalities that they would send someone up to rehang them). I loved the big banner and the table decoration plus they gave us 2 key rings. Yes, worth the cost and it does look nice in the cabin when decorated.

My husband ordered the chocolate/chocolate birthday cake and we had it delivered to our dining table on my birthday. The cake was GREAT...rich and creamy. We shared with others and everyone liked it. The vanilla one is suppose to be filled with strawberry marmalade. We didn't try that one but it sounded good.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=542428

If you go to this thread, I posted photos to it today of the decorations. There is also a very long Happy Birthday banner that went along one wall.

Cost was $32 .... came with all the things on the ceiling, a table center piece, the banner, and 2 Carnival Key rings. I thought the room looked nice and it meant my hubby didn't have to go out and try to find things to decorate the room with nor try to pack.

Archived