Radiance-Disembarking in Seward, AK

apnep

Hi,

We'll be disembarking in Seward, AK at 7AM on May 25. Anyone been on the Radiance in Alaska before? How long does it take to get off the ship when disembarking? I will take care of my own luggage, pay up with the purser the night before, and ask to get off first because I want to make an 8AM Kenai Fjords Tour. Will I be able to make it? I'll be so disappointed if I can't make it. We are driving to Anchorage after the boat tour and I wanted to stop and sightsee along the way to Anchorage. Can anyone help?

RCI people are vague with this question except to say they don't recommend booking anything before 9AM. Also, why do we have to go through customs again if we clear before getting onboard in Vancouver? Help!

Apnep

24 days to Alaska- Radiance of the Seas

Hi,

We'll be disembarking in Seward, AK at 7AM on May 25. Anyone been on the Radiance in Alaska before? How long does it take to get off the ship when disembarking? I will take care of my own luggage, pay up with the purser the night before, and ask to get off first because I want to make an 8AM Kenai Fjords Tour. Will I be able to make it? I'll be so disappointed if I can't make it. We are driving to Anchorage after the boat tour and I wanted to stop and sightsee along the way to Anchorage. Can anyone help?

RCI people are vague with this question except to say they don't recommend booking anything before 9AM. Also, why do we have to go through customs again if we clear before getting onboard in Vancouver? Help!

Apnep

24 days to Alaska- Radiance of the Seas

You might want to post this question on the "Alaska" ports board if you haven't done so already. Perhaps some one might be able to help you.

We have done 20 cruises on various lines and I don't remember any disembarkation beginning before 8 AM. We did the RCCL's Vision of the Seas to Mexico in February-had self-disembarkation-did not even start getting off the ship until about 8:30 AM. Your tour time sounds tight, hope you are able to make it.

Archived