Hyatt Regency Miami - Any Comments?

I have booked one night pre-cruise stay at the Hyatt for July sailing on LOS. Arrive fairly late in Miami (9PM) and sail away the next morning, so stay will be basically be a place to sleep. Anyone stayed at the hotel and have comments? Recommendations for places for a late night dinner other than hotel restaurant. Thanks

We stayed here in April 2006 prior to our trip on the Triumph. It is a very nice hotel with all of the usual amenities, and fairly close to Bayside Marketplace. You are about 4-5 city blocks from Bayside...definitely walkable if you are in decent shape, but there is a lot of construction going on around that area. Also, you need to take "after dark" precautions, just as you would in any big city. We had no problem walking home from Bayside at 11pm with 3 teenagers. Excellent Italian food at Lombardis, and there is also Hard Rock, Bubba Gumps, and an Argentinian steak house there. The next morning, walk doen to Don Pan or Starbucks for breakfast...only 1 block away. Then, it is a 10-15 minute cab ride to the terminal for your trip. Enjoy!

We are staying at the Hyatt as well but this Saturday night before our EOS cruise Sunday. I have read about Miami's Metromover which is a free people mover. Is this a good choice of transport to the Bayside market. My Mom and Grandmother are going with us and I don't want them to have to walk too far. How safe is the Metromover? Did you have concierge take care of hailing a cab or did you do the calling?

Thanks!

We have stayed there many times comped thru RC. Very nice, upscale. I don't know aabout the people mover as that came in after our last stay there a few years ago. It will be fine, breakfast is a little pricy...but then most hotel restasurants are. Hyatt Regency is a good choice for one night. Enjoy your cruise!

We are staying at the Hyatt as well but this Saturday night before our EOS cruise Sunday. I have read about Miami's Metromover which is a free people mover. Is this a good choice of transport to the Bayside market. My Mom and Grandmother are going with us and I don't want them to have to walk too far. How safe is the Metromover? Did you have concierge take care of hailing a cab or did you do the calling?

Thanks!

Hi Mike,

Personally, If I had my mom and grandmother, I would just hail a cab. It's not far. The people mover is great if you are only using it during the day. Later at night, I wouldn't want to take my grandmother, but that is just me. It's probably a block walk to Bayside off the people mover. The people mover is attached to the building at the hotel..so that part is good. Fine for daytime, cab back at night !

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply and the advice! We are thinking of taking a senic cruise through Island Queen Cruises Saturday afternoon. Has anyone ever done this?

Thanks again!

Yep...did that too! This is a fun diversion for a few hours, and it was fun seeing all of the nice homes with commentary from the Captain.

Very nice hotel stayed their many times. You can take the tram to bayside. Though it is a good idea the get back b/4 dark. If your evening is on the late side take a taxi. Don't wander off to far from bayside.

Would really like to do the south miami scene some time. Haven't gotten up enough nerve.

Archived