Light Weight Luggage

toni1266

Does anyone know where light weight luggage can be found? If you happen to know of a brand that would be great as well. I don't seem to pack very much but my suitcase is always so very heavy. :confused: I'm thinking my suitcase is heavy to begin with. Any help would be appreciated, thanks....

Tumi is quite expensive but it has held up for many years and my prior cases hadn't lasted more than a year or two. When one needed repair, I wasn't entirely satisfied with their consumer service - after some arguing they did do the repair under their lifetime warranty but they at first had rejected it.

One might also look at Swiss Army which is very similar to Tumi. My current suit cases are Tumi but I've been very happy with my Swiss Army brief case which has held up well.

We've got two of the Eagle Creek packs as well. They haven't had as much use as I generally only use them when rolling luggage. They were very convenient for doing the Eurail thing in Europe and on a recent trip to China. They seem very sturdy and likely to hold up well.

Funny you should ask!

The Wall Street Journal recently did their catalogue critic on lightweight luggage (26" size) and they recommend Skyway verticle upright from 1-800-luggage.com for $79.99, the Atlantic Frontier II expandable upright pullman at $54.95 from luggageonline.com, the Delsey Helium Lite 100 expandable upright for $89.95 from packinglight.com and the Travelpro Walkabout Lite expandable rollaboard suiter for $149.00 from luggagebase.com. You might also check ebags.com, or just plug in discount luggage and see what pops. I made it through almost three weeks in Russia with a rolling duffle. We had a 44 lb. weight limit and the duffle worked great. If only my DH could make just ONE flight without unpacking at the check in! I only hope that the airlines don't change the weight limits again, or we will be forced to ship our duds pre sail from here on out. Good luck

Funny you should ask!

The Wall Street Journal recently did their catalogue critic on lightweight luggage (26" size) and they recommend Skyway verticle upright from 1-800-luggage.com for $79.99, the Atlantic Frontier II expandable upright pullman at $54.95 from luggageonline.com, the Delsey Helium Lite 100 expandable upright for $89.95 from packinglight.com and the Travelpro Walkabout Lite expandable rollaboard suiter for $149.00 from luggagebase.com. You might also check ebags.com, or just plug in discount luggage and see what pops. I made it through almost three weeks in Russia with a rolling duffle. We had a 44 lb. weight limit and the duffle worked great. If only my DH could make just ONE flight without unpacking at the check in! I only hope that the airlines don't change the weight limits again, or we will be forced to ship our duds pre sail from here on out. Good luck

After I posted this thread I did some research online and found the article you are talking about. I think I'm going to buy atleast the 26" Skyway and give it a try. For that price you can't go wrong..

Thanks to all for the help!!

Archived