smuggler's run???s

queenofdasea

I don't think we are supposed to discuss prices but while it might have changed, it was about 2/3 of the ship sponsored tour per person when we went last month. That includes transportation, ~2 hours of riding and a meal to die for. :D The length of the ride is somewhat dependant upon how long it takes to get off the ship and when you have to/want to be back at the pier area. It definitely was not a packed/crowded tour and we got a ton of personal attention. I really appreciated that because it had been 40+ plus years since I had been on a horse and that time was not pleasent. Trevor tries very hard to match the horse to the skills of the rider and I had a great time with no problems. You do need to plan on wearing long pants and taking bug spray with Deet. We didn't have bug problems the day we were there but it is the jungle after all.

When you talk to Trevor, he can explain why you really don't have to worry about getting back to the ship. ;)

What email address have you been using to try to contact him? trevor@smugglersrunbelize.com is what I have been using. He normally responds pretty quick but it can take a couple of days depending on what is going on with him.

i emailed to the email address you mentioned as well as trevor@smugglersrunplantation.com (saw that on another thread)..today only make day 2 so I'll wait a few more days. trying to get my husband and/or sons to go with but they're not at all interested. I wanted to do something fun in Belize and from all the threads I've read, this seems like it will be a blast!

When my brother I went last June the cost was like $60 per person. Something like that! And it included transportation and the amazing homemade lunch. I know Trevor has to back to the states every now and then for business things so he may not be checking that e-mail. We have booked with them again for July and it has never gone more than three days without a response when I've tried to contact him. I'm sure he'll get back to you. Have a great time!

• 3 weeks later...

He's baaaack! I just heard from Trevor and they have been doing a lot of traveling the past several weeks. He has been showing some dignitaries around and so has been out of pocket somewhat. If you have been trying to contact him, give it a try now as he should be able to respond fairly quickly.

He's baaaack! I just heard from Trevor and they have been doing a lot of traveling the past several weeks. He has been showing some dignitaries around and so has been out of pocket somewhat. If you have been trying to contact him, give it a try now as he should be able to respond fairly quickly.

thanks! i did talk to him about a week ago and gave my payment info so now i'm just waiting for the final "okie-doke" that we're all set and the where/when info..He was very pleasant on the phone and said that so far it will be just 4 of us booked that day!

thanks! i did talk to him about a week ago and gave my payment info so now i'm just waiting for the final "okie-doke" that we're all set and the where/when info..He was very pleasant on the phone and said that so far it will be just 4 of us booked that day!
So how much is the excursion right now?

Thanks,

John

i emailed to the email address you mentioned as well as trevor@smugglersrunplantation.com (saw that on another thread)..today only make day 2 so I'll wait a few more days. trying to get my husband and/or sons to go with but they're not at all interested. I wanted to do something fun in Belize and from all the threads I've read, this seems like it will be a blast!

You will have a great time! Trevor and Cathy treat everyone like family. Even the ride from the pier is a good time as Cathy makes a great tour guide. Enjoy!

just got back last week. We did their river tour not riding but it was wonderful!! They are two of the nicest people I have ever met. Cathy was waiting at the pier w/ her sign w/ our name on it. She gave us a tour of the city on the way to the river drop off where her husband Trevor was waiting in the boat for the five of us. He was full of stories about the river and the country. We saw manatee and the howler monkies. He even let my 13y.o drive the boat which made the whole trip for him. The plantation is beautiful and we had an amazing lunch family style. Hope you have a good time. Annie

We

Annie, Did you met Curly and his wife while you were at the plantation? They had just started there when we were at the plantation in March. A very nice young couple! The river tour sounds like a plan for next time in Belize. Did Cathy have any good canoe race stories for you?

Archived