Writing or Food and Wine Cruises

katiekatie

We are looking for a cruise in 2008 that focuses on either writing, food or wine. Does anyone have any suggestions for cruise lines we should look into. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Katie

http://www.foodandwinetrails.com/cruises/mondavi_franciscan_2007/

I wish I was on this one! The visit to the Super Tuscan mecca (Ornellaia - one of the few wineries to receive a perfect 100 rating from Wine Spectator), alone would do it for me, and there's so much more. With Jacques Pepin as Exec Chef, I'd feel great about the food too.

I know the link is to the '07 cruise, but it's an annual thing so I bet next year's will be even better :)

• 1 month later...

Crystal, Regent and Silversea have several wine & food cruises through out the year. Celebrity has two wine cruises in the Pacific Northwest. Carnival hosts the "Presidential Wine Cruise" once a year. Also Cruise West does the Napa area.

• 1 month later...
We are looking for a cruise in 2008 that focuses on either writing, food or wine. Does anyone have any suggestions for cruise lines we should look into. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Katie

see my thread for a wine cruise on Celebrity Mercury in October 2008. Entire trip is wine themed- From Vancouver to San Diego, CA- stopping in Victoria, Seattle, Oregon (great Pinots) overnight San Francisco (for Napa & Sonoma), Monterey, then to San diego. Good prices- I'm putting together a group, and want to do my own shore excursions as I have connections at some of the wineries. Paying $1100 for a balcony for a 9 night cruise, not bad. Good airfare also. Where are you from?

Thanks and I will check into your website and cruise. We are from the eastern shore of Maryland. We've been on 3 Celebrity ships and loved them (Infinity, Summit and Xpedition) ... I will also pass along this info to a local here called the wine coach. She may have an interest in this also... Katie

Thanks and I will check into your website and cruise. We are from the eastern shore of Maryland. We've been on 3 Celebrity ships and loved them (Infinity, Summit and Xpedition) ... I will also pass along this info to a local here called the wine coach. She may have an interest in this also... Katie

Looking forward to e-mailing you on wine. Any special favorites? Being from Ca it is difficult to choose. My e-mail is carencpa@hotmail.com. Too bad you live so far- probably going to be getting together with others interested from around here at a nice local wine bar. They may even sponsor a bottle or two. So far I have heard that it is going to be a popular cruise, alot of space already taken by other groups.

Looking forward to e-mailing you on wine. Any special favorites? Being from Ca it is difficult to choose. My e-mail is carencpa@hotmail.com. Too bad you live so far- probably going to be getting together with others interested from around here at a nice local wine bar. They may even sponsor a bottle or two. So far I have heard that it is going to be a popular cruise, alot of space already taken by other groups.

Archived