Starboard VS Port in Alaska

SakeDad

Going Seattle - Glacier Bay - Juneau - Sitka - Ketchikan - Victoria - Seattle and have a verandah on the starboard side. Can anyone give me pluses and minuses of this? What will I be missing on port if not up on deck? What can I best see from my balcony and enjoy room service from? In other words....what are the BEST viewing sides for each of these ports in May??? THANKS:)

As you must already know, PORT side is the only side with glacier views and commentary in Glacier Bay. With all the "stops" on the way in. On the way out, no commentary and the ships sails right by.

Sitka is a tender port, I don't see any difference it makes during the rest of your sailing.

For clairfication, it is usually too cold outside for dining in Alaska, if you have any hot foods. They immediately chill down and it isn't all that much fun eating with your coat on. This is especially true during sailing. Possible to have nice dining in port outside however, with it warmed up. :)

To be honest, I felt that you had much better panoramic views on deck at all times. Granted, this doesn't directly answer your question on port/starboard sides, but personally I would think that being on deck as much as possible (i.e. glacier day) is preferable.

Absolutely, on glacier sailing days, the best views are definately from the front open decks. But some people want to be in their cabins, those who do, in Glacier Bay and College Fjords need a port cabin.

Archived