10 day Cruises with Kids

justmarie

During Easter week, yes! We have always traveled at Easter with the kids and have done 7, 10 and 15 day cruises. Lots and lots of kids. And my kids loved it. Never bored and always had a great time. They are 17 and 20 now and have been cruiseing since they were 6 and 9. As a matter a fact, they have been asking when is the next one. Now that one is in college, vacations are much harder to schedule. Go and have fun.

Thanks for the reply, I thought so, my brother just wanted to make sure, my son has been on 5 cruises and really has a good time, less kids makes it more fun for them as it can get over crowded in the clubs, this will be my brothers kids first cruise.

We just got back from a 10 day cruise out of San Francisco to Mexico and my SIL and BIL brought along their 6 and 4 year old sons. Even though there were only 150 kids total (most of those in the 3-12 age group), they had a great time. Spring break was just getting over for us, so this was definitely not a huge family cruise. I had taken my daughter when she was 10½ on a 10 day cruise to Mexico out of San Pedro, also closer to the end of our Spring break. Same thing--not the 600 kids we had the year before on our 7 day cruise. Only 200 on this one. But, she managed to find a fun group of kids in her age group. All it really takes is meeting one friend to spend time with those 10 days. Have fun! I have found an older crowd on my two 10 day sailings.

My brother and his three kids want to do a 10 day next March- during Easter- do you think there will be many kids on the ship? His are 5, 9, and 12. We are going on a 7 day and he wants us to join him. This is the Southern Caribbean Medley - Roundtrip Fort Lauderdale. Thanks

We did the 10-day cruise on the Sun Princess with our 13-year-old son last Easter. There were many kids, and they all seemed to have a great time. We didn't notice any issues on board with out-of-control kids. The counselors and the youth security guards were wonderful. We had great weather, great food, and a memorable time.

I know our school district (which is the second biggest in the US) is always on break the week before Easter. So Mexican Riviera and Baja cruises will always have plenty of kids. I would imagine any 7-day cruise, especially ones that start and stop on a weekend will be popular with families at this time.

Archived