To Margot, Lyn, Mary...

Wadadli1

...Mary's DH, Hillster, the new! Mrs. Hillster, Baby Hillster, Buddy, Annie..have I missed anyone? Oh I hope not.:(

We all want to wish you a glorious and happy Bon Voyage. I trust you will be attentive during the muster drill so you know where your life boat is when those Aussie ladies open their back of tricks. And don't forget to check your beds at night, just in case it's your turn to experience their, ahem, charm.

xo, most sincere congrats to the Hillsters, and peace and love to you all.

Yours,

...Mary's DH, Hillster, the new! Mrs. Hillster, Baby Hillster, Buddy, Annie..have I missed anyone? Oh I hope not.:(

We all want to wish you a glorious and happy Bon Voyage. I trust you will be attentive during the muster drill so you know where your life boat is when those Aussie ladies open their back of tricks. And don't forget to check your beds at night, just in case it's your turn to experience their, ahem, charm.

xo, most sincere congrats to the Hillsters, and peace and love to you all.

Yours,

What she said from me too!!! And watch out for furry little things in the foot of those beds!!:eek:

Pictures, Buddy, we're counting on your evil side!!;)

Cheers and bon voyage, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

Oh, ! You ladies are awfully sneaky!

I've been gone for the weekend. (At a FABULOUS Cinco De Mayo Party in Pennsylvania with about 80 of our closest friends! Back to reality- <SIGH>)

Hope y,all are all having a great time!

Pictures Buddy,pictures!

Annie, sorry I didn't make it to share your husband ..;s bed with you.

I had promised these people I would come to their party.

I didn't want to disappoint my public, you know! <G>

Karie.

Social Goddess, in demand!

Hi all,

We're getting along here on board. OK, it's been wonderful!!

The infamous gathering was held this afternoon. In the interest of tormenting you a bit, I will post pictures another time. No time to download them yet! We met as scheduled and had a blast. The Hillster's had to leave early to feed their beautiful little girl. The rest of us retired to our suite, and spent the afternoon in wonderful conversation solving all the world's problems. It was great fun, except our Aussie friends are rather boring. ;)

Hang in there a little longer. :)

Buddy

OK everyone, here is the picture you have been waiting for. :)

Of course we are all a motley crew compared to the lovely young lady at the bottom of the picture. Had the Hillster's been agreeable we might have stolen her, as she is the grand daughter we would so much like to have.

We are planning another special event. Our little group has been kind enough to agree to join us for dinner at Todd English next Monday to help us celebrate our 30th anniversary, which coincidentally is on that date.

Unfortunately we forgot to get the Hillster's stateroom number before they had to leave. I don't know if they are on line during the cruise, but if so please call us in stateroom 9068.

We survived the first formal night. We did not notice any fashion police, but then again perhaps they were under cover. :D

PICT0111.jpg.b375bdf90d46d9f456cb049562f08dcd.jpg

Hey Buddy...well done!!! Knew we could count on you...you just had such a devious sound in your posts!!;) Now, do you suppose you could identify everyone? Baby Hillster I think we know, and probably mama Hillster too...so who is everyone else???? Inquiring minds...and nosy "threadsters" want to know....

Great to hear how well it's going and that all are enjoying and getting along. You're a peach to let us landbound types play along with you... Trying to keep this thread going but you know how we are...here one day and gone the next:p

Hi to everyone...watching you on the webcam...a poor substitute but all we have! Party on.....

Cheers, Penny

Hi Penny,

Thank you very much for the surprise guest at our little gathering! I was remiss not to mention this earlier. I've already forgotten her name (names are not my forte) but she is the QM 2's social director. What a nice young lady, and the most unusual (and lovely) Norwegian I have ever met.

I am happy to sort of give you the names. One of our group uses a false name on the board, which I'm sure everyone can understand. I will use Margot and Lyn as they have never been seen before in a photograph, so they are safe. Otherwise I'll leave a little mystery, I hope you can understand.

Left to right: Margot, Norfolk Brit, Lyn, Mr. Norfolk Brit (rear), Mrs. Hillster (front), Annie & Buddy (rear), Hillster (front), young Hillster (bottom).

If any of them wish to reveal their real names of course they can do so when they eventually log on, for now I would like to respect their privacy.

Time to log off and call it a night. It has been a wonderful day, and I'm glad I could share a bit of it with everyone! :)

Buddy

Hi Penny,

Thank you very much for the surprise guest at our little gathering! I was remiss not to mention this earlier. I've already forgotten her name (names are not my forte) but she is the QM 2's social director. What a nice young lady, and the most unusual (and lovely) Norwegian I have ever met.

I am happy to sort of give you the names. One of our group uses a false name on the board, which I'm sure everyone can understand. I will use Margot and Lyn as they have never been seen before in a photograph, so they are safe. Otherwise I'll leave a little mystery, I hope you can understand.

Left to right: Margot, Norfolk Brit, Lyn, Mr. Norfolk Brit (rear), Mrs. Hillster (front), Annie & Buddy (rear), Hillster (front), young Hillster (bottom).

If any of them wish to reveal their real names of course they can do so when they eventually log on, for now I would like to respect their privacy.

Time to log off and call it a night. It has been a wonderful day, and I'm glad I could share a bit of it with everyone! :)

Buddy

Did I see some J WORDS!?! in that picture? ;)

Hi Penny,

Buddy

Hi Buddy...Glad you enjoyed my little surprise. Isn't she a doll? As to "the most unusual (and lovely) Norwegian you've ever met"...you haven't met me yet!!! I"m in the "unusual" category!!! ;)

You are a sport to report in to us...now go have fun and make this special. Wish I were there....what an adventure you'll have together!

Cheers, Penny

No no Angela..we taught them better than that...those must have been dark blue pants!! take a deeeeeep breath now...

Cheers, Penny

In....out. And see, I've been taught, too, and have gone from a farmhand to a forward fashion...um...focus-er on people's trousers. ;)

Everyone looked just splendid. Thank you, Buddy!

PS: Maybe in the coming days you could get a nice close up picture of Baby Hillster, so we can all ooh and ahh over her? Ok, of course, we would love to ooh and ahh over the rest of you, as well, so don't neglect the taller members of your group.

I envy you all being together. It's got to be so much fun. Has anyone been short-sheeted yet?

There is one more prank I've thought of, but it would involve help from your steward for supplies. TP'ing! TP a room and they'll think they're on one of those other ships that decorate rooms that look like they were done up in a similar fashion. :p

You have so many days to enjoy! Congrats!

We survived the first formal night. We did not notice any fashion police, but then again perhaps they were under cover. :D

Buddy,

None of those people could be Margot (or is it Lyn) as I do not see arm raised!

As for fake names on the board! I am SHOCKED! My REAL name is Travel-to-go. (What can I say, My parents were really weird!) I just use Karie so people won't know who I really am!

Who are the two young people hiding in the back?

And did you say you are celebrating someone's thirtieth? can't be them, as they don't look like they ARE thirty yet! (Congrats! Buddy, and Annie!)

Somehow, the crew is much as I suspected!

Y'all look like a bunch of wonderful people having a great time (Without me!)

Thanks for taking the time (and MONEY) to report in and send the picture!

Penny, Did you see where they are standing? In OUR favorite place on the entire ship.

I feel home sick!

Karie,

who is so jealous!

Brilliant Angela...TPing the room...how could we have forgotten that!!! I was a MASTER of the TPed dorm room...I can do this!! Well, we know Buddy is reading this..go for it Buddy!!! :eek:

cheers, Penny

PS..no farmhands in this bunch!!!! No "J" words either.....;)

Of course we are all a motley crew compared to the lovely young lady at the bottom of the picture. Had the Hillster's been agreeable we might have stolen her, as she is the grand daughter we would so much like to have.

We are planning another special event. Our little group has been kind enough to agree to join us for dinner at Todd English next Monday to help us celebrate our 30th anniversary, which coincidentally is on that date.

Unfortunately we forgot to get the Hillster's stateroom number before they had to leave. I don't know if they are on line during the cruise, but if so please call us in stateroom 9068.

I'm so glad to hear from ya'll! It's been quite the treasure hunt finding the other thread; seems it's been bouncing hither and yon for days. I am a bit disappointed to see such a normal-looking group - sans tacky bedazzled jeans, extra digits, dagger-like claws, sequins, body glitter or visible cornrows ;) I'm sure you're a delightful bunch all the same. Am I missing something, though? I don't see anyone's arm in the air! Gosh, I wish I could enlarge this photo. I'm sure there's a hidden message in a code I haven't yet broken.

She is one beautiful baby; has anyone posted her name? I can't keep up. I hope the Hillster's honeymoon is going well and congratulations to you Buddy on your big anniversary. Quite an accomplishment. From the looks of it, you must have married extremely young. I hope you have a lovely meal on your special day. How is Mary? I've lost track of nearly everyone's proper names, but I managed to remember hers - probably because of that horrid cat! Hope she made it to the ship in spite of the dodgy car situation and that things onboard are going well.

Continue to have a marvelous time and please, please, please keep us updated on your exploits. I know you were all feigning innocence when the photo was taken. At some point, the rules of decorum will fall by the wayside and THOSE are the photos we'd like to see! :D Lots and lots of photos...

Cheers :)

Hi everyone,

Despite the huge size of this ship we ran into the Hillster's the first thing this morning. They have graciously agreed to join us for our anniversary dinner on Monday, so all of us will enjoy a night at Todd English. Yes, I will get a picture of Emma (she is not using a fake name) and post it. She is absolutely priceless, we fell in love with her immediately. It is amazing how such a wonderful child makes you feel young again. :)

Penny, we ran into your Norwegian friend again tonight. We have a grill reception with the Commodore this evening. It is a formal night (do you all like my suit?) and she was even more stunning in her evening gown. I don't know if she is married or has a SO, but if so he is a lucky guy. What an incredible combination of personality and beauty!

Today we enjoyed a wonderful shore excursion into Galacia from Vigo, Spain. All of the ports of call on this voyage are new to us. I must say that this is one of the most beautiful areas we have ever seen. The combination of the sea, mountains, architecture and flora were simply breathtaking!

One thing I thought about today were some of the reviews of this ship I have read on the various cruise web sites. Some liken the QM 2 experience to a long day in the dentist chair. I don't know what they were drinking, but if this is a bad experience I can't imagine what they consider good. The food has been excellent and the service superb. The ship is immaculate. To be fair the size is a bit overwhelming, but that soon passes. I just don't know what more human beings could do to make us feel more welcome. When we returned from the tour this afternoon we were greeted with "welcome home." I could type all night, but nothing sums it up better than that.

I'm burning up my minutes so I'll quit now. We hope to get together again with everyone tomorrow (sea day). We have a bottle of champagne, two bottles of wine and two bottles of booze we have not touched (we are light drinkers). We hope the motley crew can help us enjoy the spirits and share some more stories with our new international friends. Of course I will extend all of your greetings.

Buddy

Hi everyone,

Penny, we ran into your Norwegian friend again tonight. We have a grill reception with the Commodore this evening. It is a formal night (do you all like my suit?) and she was even more stunning in her evening gown. I don't know if she is married or has a SO, but if so he is a lucky guy. What an incredible combination of personality and beauty!

When we returned from the tour this afternoon we were greeted with "welcome home." I could type all night, but nothing sums it up better than that.

Buddy

Buddy~!

I can't believe you. Barely gone a few days and already you are cheating on Annie and me! I guess it's a good thing I didn't come with y'all after all!

And I love that bit- "Welcome home" How marvelous. I think that says it all!

Karie,

who will leave it at that... for a change!

Buddy,

I can only hope we will have as successful a group on the June 10th crossing as you have now. It's great to read your glowing reports.

Just a word of warning because I was just reading the Ports of Call board and a man who is staying in Barcelona said his wife's purse was snatched and, when he got back to his hotel, the manager said that 3 others at the hotel had had wallets or purses stolen on the same day. Naples is the place that we were warned about and I didn't realize that Barcelona was as bad. Just don't want you to have a perfect vacation spoiled.

Enjoy!!!!

Aloha, Patti

Hi Buddy....

Thanks so much for taking your time to keep us in the loop....so great you ae all having such a fabulous time together...was there any doubt?

I'm delighted you are enjoying my firend...she's a doll , isn't she? And engaged....sorry!!! Truly an asset to QM2 in my opinion.

I'm betting oyu'll find, like so manyof us have, that the QM2's size will only grow on you as each day you have more to discover. I loved that...every day something new and all of it so special. Do toast the Commodore Club for me and all the rest of us who love that room.

Cheers, Penny

the QM2's size will only grow on you as each day

Cheers, Penny

Um, Penny, you think you could rephrase that! The man's already exhausted!

<LOL>

Karie,

who knows all too well, that long walk to the Commodore club. And worth every single step!

Hi Buddy....

Thanks so much for taking your time to keep us in the loop....so great you ae all having such a fabulous time together...was there any doubt?

I'm delighted you are enjoying my firend...she's a doll , isn't she? And engaged....sorry!!! Truly an asset to QM2 in my opinion.

I'm betting oyu'll find, like so manyof us have, that the QM2's size will only grow on you as each day you have more to discover. I loved that...every day something new and all of it so special. Do toast the Commodore Club for me and all the rest of us who love that room.

Cheers, Penny

Penny, he's a lucky guy. Oh Karie, that drool that was running down my chin had nothing to do with Penny's friend. I was just anticipating dinner. :)

We did not see any of the gang today. We did enjoy traversing the Strait of Gibraltar on a picture perfect day! It was well worth enduring the fierce wind on deck to see Africa on one side and Europe on the other. I'm going to try to upload a photo of Annie and I on deck with the Rock in the background. Wish me luck!

Buddy

PICT0169.jpg.ee9c7b35a35da10d40ae6ff14c80156b.jpg

Penny, he's a lucky guy. Oh Karie, that drool that was running down my chin had nothing to do with Penny's friend. I was just anticipating dinner. :)

We did not see any of the gang today. We did enjoy traversing the Strait of Gibraltar on a picture perfect day! It was well worth enduring the fierce wind on deck to see Africa on one side and Europe on the other. I'm going to try to upload a photo of Annie and I on deck with the Rock in the background. Wish me luck!

Buddy

Thanks so much Buddy. We love your reports. Also love the photo of you and Annie on deck. What a handsome couple! Enjoy your cruise.

Beth

Buddy

Buddy,

I don't understand why you have photoshopped a picture of your kids into a photo of the ship's rail in front of the rock of Gilbraltar!

Karie,

who thinks you must've married at a VERY young age!

Archived