Shopping!!

MINIjen

Our cruise stops in Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway & Icy Strait Point.

In these four places, are there any really good places to look for gifts? We like to bring back gifts for our family & friends and they have a wide variety of tastes and interests.

I have purchased some wonderful hand painted Christmas ornaments from local artists in Juneau. I can't remember the name of the shop but it was in the tourist area. In Skagway there is a alpine clothing store that has wonderful fleece jackets that say Alaska, always on saleand lots of fun trinkets in Ketchikan, have fun!!

Our final stop is Anchorage and we plan to visit the Alaska Native Cultural Heritage Center there. Is this a good place to buy Alaskan crafts, or is it more expensive than in the cruise ports? If Anchorage is a good place to shop we may wait until there to buy some things so we don't have to carry them around with us as we tour.

I do suggest walking over to Creek Street in Ketchikan.

If you have any book lovers you need to buy for, there is an incredible book store on Creek Street...full of atmosphere. They stock a large number of books on Alaska...all sorts. I spent over an hour just browsing through the store. They also had a number of gift/craft type of items for purchase that were locally made. (The store is locally owned, btw)

Archived