Alaska NB - Post Cruise

I am booked on the Spirit in August for a Northbound Alaska cruise and have also booked the 3-day post cruise package. Who else has done this? My parents are also coming with me and are spending another day in Anchorage AFTER the 3 days and would like to know exactly what the "Anchorage City Tour" on the 3 day package entails (so they can plan to do DIFFERENT things on their extra day). Can anyone tell me what you do and see on the Anchorage City Tour?

Thanks a bunch. Long time lurker, first time poster. Don't have my sig line all setup but this will be my 8th cruise.

Thanks.

If you are interested in this kind of thing, you could also rent a car for the day and drive to Mile Marker 101 on the other side of Palmer. There you can walk on a glacier for $30.00 a car load (which was 4 people for us).

You drive your car right up to the glacier and no special equipment or guide is needed to walk out to the "picnic table".

We have a special needs son who could not do an excursion that requires the equipment or that does "climbing"...so this was perfect for him. It was a great stop and well worth the $30.00.

BTW, you can rent equipment and a guide is you want to go further.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Archived