Time limit on Cardio Machines

On the Vision, there was an 'elliptical hog', who knew I was waiting, and was on for at least 45 minutes. I was really upset about it, and ended up not being able to use it and felt gross all day. With my bad knees and back, I can't use treadmills, and bikes are so boring. I don't care about chair hogs - at least there are a lot of chairs, but with only 2 ellipticals at that time on the Vision, people should be more considerate.;)

There is a nice track on most ships and lots of stairs. if I can't get my cardio in at the gym, I will use those.

YOu have to be able to be adaptable. I love the gym as much as anyone, but if I need to improvise, I do.

There is a nice track on most ships and lots of stairs. if I can't get my cardio in at the gym, I will use those.

YOu have to be able to be adaptable. I love the gym as much as anyone, but if I need to improvise, I do.

I was thinking the same thing. Cross training is really best for you anyway. Getting stuck on one thing gets boring.

True that Cruise ships are not training facilities, but diet and exercise are the best way to control my diabetes

However, no matter what the reason common sense and courtesy must prevail.

There may be someone else out there who needs to exercise as much as you do.

Or - here's an idea - take a nice brisk walk on the track. No time limit there.

This is why in an earlier post I said that if it is busy, I will do 20 min. On a machine and the rest on the outdoor track. I am always respectful of others.

Another thing that people like to do is put their towel over the display.

Interesting. I do that because I get discouraged if I see how little time I've walked on the treadmill or how LONG I still have to go, but I never thought of it as hiding the time from others! :-) I can never think of things like that!

To answer your question, I've been on a different ship each year the past three years, so I can't remember what's what, but on each ship (Celebrity Infinity, Dawn Princess, and Monarch of the Seas), I haven't had any problems with not being able to use the treadmill. Since that was the only cardio machine I used, I can't speak for the other types. I went during different times of the day but definitely not in the morning - generally somewhere between 4:00 - 7:00, and I'd be in the gym for about 60-90 minutes depending on what else I needed to do. I usually walk for about 35 minutes, and I would say that I almost always outlasted everyone who was on the machines before me (of course, I don't know what time they started). Many times you will see "visitors" wearing sandals or dress shirts trying out the machines for a few minutes. :-)

I'm sure you will be fine.

Archived