Shipboard credit with proof of stock?

paulli

Yes.

Verbatim as per CARNIVAL CORPORATION &PLC:

"This benefit is applicable on sailing through July 31, 2008" " Certain restrictions apply. Applications to receive these benefits must be made prior to cruise departure date.

This benefit is available to shareholders holding a minumum of 100 shares of carnival Corporation or Carnival PLC."

Only one onboard credit per shareholder-occupied stateroom. Reservations must be made by February 28, 2008"

)

Post #9 indicates the credit is calculated per cabin nor per person, if that's the case, manipulating who gets the original OBC won't matter.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 7-day cruise booked using FCC. "My Princess" already shows $100 OBC for the cabin. I sent in the docs/proof for shareholder benefits over a month ago and have not heard anything back. Is it because the shareholder benefit is also $100 per cabin and cannot be applied anymore? (I was thinking about sending in an inquiry or another fax. But if that is the case, I will not even attempt.) Thanks for any insights.

I have a 7-day cruise booked using FCC. "My Princess" already shows $100 OBC for the cabin. I sent in the docs/proof for shareholder benefits over a month ago and have not heard anything back. Is it because the shareholder benefit is also $100 per cabin and cannot be applied anymore? (I was thinking about sending in an inquiry or another fax. But if that is the case, I will not even attempt.) Thanks for any insights.

Princess does not allow you to double dip. You get the greater of the two amounts, not both.

Pia

At today's price, just under $5000 to qualify. Let’s do the math, $100 benefit for $5000 or 2% for every cruise you take. If you invest more, the percentage of benefit goes down.
In addition to the onboard credit you would receive the same quarterly dividends awarded to holders of CCL common stock. For someone holding 100 shares this would be $140 per year, roughly 2.8% at the current dividend rate and stock price.

If you plan on investing in Carnival common stock anyway, the OBC seems to be a nice perk.

Bill

Post #9 indicates the credit is calculated per cabin nor per person, if that's the case, manipulating who gets the original OBC won't matter.

While it is true that there is only one shareholder credit per cabin, it only appears on the shareholders account. If the second person was also a shareholder, one of you would not get it. However some other OBC's are per person, so if you had $100 per person, the one with the shareholder credit, would not get anything, but the second person would get the $100, giving you $200 per stateroom. Now if the TA is giving out the OBC, just ask them to give yours to the second person, so they would have $200 and you would have the $100 for a $300 cabin OBC.

We have done this before and it does work. It will not work if the OBC comes from the cruise line itself because the TA has nothing to do with it.

Cheers,

Peter

But you have forgotten the main reason for invstements..

Capital Gains and as well Losses:

CCL:NYSE close NYSE at over $ USD 50 a share

50.38 up .43 Volume of 2,340,095 Shares

Aftermarket at: 50.44:cool:

Shareholders do get great benefits!

In addition to the onboard credit you would receive the same quarterly dividends awarded to holders of CCL common stock. For someone holding 100 shares this would be $140 per year, roughly 2.8% at the current dividend rate and stock price.

If you plan on investing in Carnival common stock anyway, the OBC seems to be a nice perk.

Bill

But you have forgotten the main reason for invstements..

Capital Gains and as well Losses:

CCL:NYSE close NYSE at over $ USD 50 a share

50.38 up .43 Volume of 2,340,095 Shares

Aftermarket at: 50.44:cool:

Not bad for someone who paid $18/share :)

• 3 weeks later...
I sent in my request for credit weeks ago. Does Princess notify you of the credit being granted?

No. Call shareholder realtions and ask. Otherwise you won't know until you board and check your shipboard account

Archived