Shipboard credit with proof of stock?

paulli

Does Princess still do a shipboard credit if you own 100 shares or more of Carnival Corp? If so, has anyone done this lately? In the past you would fax proof to a specific person at Princess along with booking numbers. Anyone remember the person and fax#.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi..Just loaded the page,,and see the benefits,,but I also see dates,,is Carnival going to discontinue this in July 08? If so,,it may not be worth our while to invest at this time............until the stock splits again~ HAHA

Suzie500kHi..Just loaded the page,,and see the benefits,,but I also see dates,,is Carnival going to discontinue this in July 08? If so,,it may not be worth our while to invest at this time............until the stock splits again~ HAHA

This is something that they say to make the deal finite and it is published in the annual report, but for the last few years, they have continued to extend it. It doesn't seem like something that they would stop as it is a popular perk that a fair amount of people seem to take advantage of. But, who am I to speculate?

We sent in our "proof" through our cruise planner. She was notified that because there was already a $25 on-board credit in conjunction with our booking it would make our $100 stock holder credit only $75 because it can't be combined with other credits.

Just thought I'd let you know, so you wouldn't be "surprised" later.

Debjo

Yes. Being a shareholder even in a custodial account makes your benefit of a OBC , depending on the length of the cruise available PER CABIN. NOT P P.

The benefit was again extended at the annual meeting in the USA this year and they as well raised there common stock dividend as well. (CUK/CCL NYSE:LSE)

The OBC goes from $ 50 USD (six days or less) to $ 250 (thats for 14 days or longer)

The British Sterling Pound is about 2 to 1 today still in conversion.

On a split that actually is meaningless as the values still say the same but in a forward split that does dilute the issue as more shares are out on the float then..

Call your financial dealer, broker, agent etc and ask them thats why they make a fee/commission.:cool: call Investor Relations at Carnival also...

We sent in our "proof" through our cruise planner. She was notified that because there was already a $25 on-board credit in conjunction with our booking it would make our $100 stock holder credit only $75 because it can't be combined with other credits.

Just thought I'd let you know, so you wouldn't be "surprised" later.

Debjo

The exact same thing happened to me! We got $25 per person OBC from our travel agent, and then I emailed my PDF April Brokerage Statement to Princess and they only gave me $75, for a total of $100 in OBCs. They were very nice about, and referred me to the "rules" regarding the OBCs in conjunction with the stock.

Does this limit (can't be combined with other credits) also apply if you purchase a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) while onboard and get OBC from that? If so, holding Carnival stock doesn't give you any OBC if you use a FCC if you book an outside room for 10 days or longer.

I'd also like to know if you can get the credit if you use a FCC to book the cruise. I've owned Carnival stock for several years now, but have never tried to get a credit for a cruise because we always book using an FCC.

If I can get an extra $100 shipboard credit, it would be worth the trouble to submit the information.

That is a great question. I have never used the FCC. Anyone have any insight on this?

The only time you can double dip is if the shareholder credit is larger than the FCC credit. In that case you get the greater amount. You cannot get both.

Pia

Princess subtracts the amount of shipboard credit from any source, including FCCs, from the shipboard credit that you receive from stock ownership. Therefore, much of the time, you cannot get any additional shipboard credit from the stock ownership.

In addition, Princess won't give shipboard credit for reduced fares. What are reduced fares? It is not defined in the stock report and the woman who handles the shareholder shipboard credit, Liza McDaniel told me that she cannot tell me what constitutes a reduced fare until the fare is booked and she looks it up when the shareholder submits the paperwork. She claims until it is booked she can't/won't determine whether it is a reduced fare.

However, she did claim that military discounts do constitute a reduced fare (even if the military discount is only $10 pp less than the regular fare). This is not posted anywhere I could find with Carnival Corp and Princess and she said that she could not send me anything in writing as to that fact/interpretation.

In addition, the fact that Carnival cruise line, a sister company, does not consider military discounts to be a reduced fare is irrelevant to her. She told me that she had no control over Carnival's program, but she was the one who handles the Princess program and that was her decision.

It is also interesting the Carnival cruise line does permit the combination of shipboard credit from some other sources with the shareholder credit. But again, Ms McDaniel told me that it didn't matter what Carnival did--each cruise line under Carnival Corp ran their own program and she was the one who ran the Princess program.

BTW, Royal Caribbean has few strings attached with their shipboard credit. You can combine it with military, senior, and residency discounted fares and also you can combine it with shipboard credit from any other source, including shipboard credit for onboard booking, receiving the shipboard credit for both. You can also combine it with Royal Caribbean coupons and frequent cruiser discounts.

At today's price, just under $5000 to qualify. Let’s do the math, $100 benefit for $5000 or 2% for every cruise you take. If you invest more, the percentage of benefit goes down.

You now have to look for a cruise that offers just a low price without onboard credit.

The concept is a good idea and a great perk, but it sounds like there are so many restrictions that it may not be worth the trouble (or investment).

At today's price, just under $5000 to qualify. Let’s do the math, $100 benefit for $5000 or 2% for every cruise you take. If you invest more, the percentage of benefit goes down.

You now have to look for a cruise that offers just a low price without onboard credit.

The concept is a good idea and a great perk, but it sounds like there are so many restrictions that it may not be worth the trouble (or investment).

In our case, on the rare occasion that we cruise another line, the shareholder credit is a wonderful perk. Then again, we paid $18/share. :D

The program says $50 for 6 day and under cruises. I know Princess does not have many of these, it's more directed to Carnival, but does Princess give OBC for the little repo cruises? I've got a one day and a two day coming up!

The exact same thing happened to me! We got $25 per person OBC from our travel agent, and then I emailed my PDF April Brokerage Statement to Princess and they only gave me $75, for a total of $100 in OBCs. They were very nice about, and referred me to the "rules" regarding the OBCs in conjunction with the stock.

Does this limit (can't be combined with other credits) also apply if you purchase a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) while onboard and get OBC from that? If so, holding Carnival stock doesn't give you any OBC if you use a FCC if you book an outside room for 10 days or longer.

One way to get around this issue is to ask your TA to give your OBC to the second person in the cabin. So you get the full shareholder credit and the full amount of any OBC offered. Of course that would only work if you were sailing with someone that you share accounts with.

Cheers,

Peter

Are you Dutch too or Scotish in decent as I am?

Yes we know how to bend the (what was) guilders well..

:cool:

Oh yes RCL: NYSE does give $250 OBC for Shareholders.

As any Carnival Shareholders should also ask the Director Of Shareholders Relations ..why not CCL/CUK :NYSE/LSE too?

Especially now they are :eek:/)) (CCL/CUK) having the Annual Meeting in the UK there... so yes your able to ask directly at the meeting .

One way to get around this issue is to ask your TA to give your OBC to the second person in the cabin. So you get the full shareholder credit and the full amount of any OBC offered. Of course that would only work if you were sailing with someone that you share accounts with.

Cheers,

Peter

Not really, I just think that whatever credits you have should be able to be combined. Just because it makes the amount higher should have no bearing on having them, after all they are all reasonable and in the long run by not allowing it they look cheap.

Cheers,

Peter

Not really, I just think that whatever credits you have should be able to be combined. Just because it makes the amount higher should have no bearing on having them, after all they are all reasonable and in the long run by not allowing it they look cheap.

Cheers,

Peter

Agree

Archived