links to sites for port fees and taxes?

Hello Savvy cruisers,

Are there sites out there to help you figure port fees, gov't fees, etc. on particular cruises? I have a great TA but I don't wish to bother her with every cruise I look at, and the quotes on different sites include/exclude fees, port charges. :rolleyes:

'Would welcome any help with a method of price comparisons. Thanks!

Esther :)

Hello Savvy cruisers,

Are there sites out there to help you figure port fees, gov't fees, etc. on particular cruises? I have a great TA but I don't wish to bother her with every cruise I look at, and the quotes on different sites include/exclude fees, port charges. :rolleyes:

'Would welcome any help with a method of price comparisons. Thanks!

Esther :)

The deal here is that there are other fees involved that vary from cruise line to cruise line. Therefore attempting to compare taxes, fees, etc would be futile.

I just did this myself to come up with some itineraries to propose to a group of friends. Here's what I did.

For the base rate for the 1st and 2nd passenger, I went to various internet cruise discount web sites, and found the cheapest rate I could for the sailing date I wanted, and made a note of it.

Then I logged on to the cruise lines' web sites (in my case Carnival and RCI) and went through the motions of booking the same cruise, same sailing date, etc. through the web site. I chose the cabin categories I wanted, even entered passenger info. Eventually I got to the page that showed me the real amounts, including 3rd and 4th passenger rates, port taxes and fees.

When I narrowed down my selection to two particular cruises, and e-mailed my TA, I discovered that my research had given me the correct amount to the penny.

skyauction site breaks out taxes and port fees so you can see them more realistically. the cruise lines now include port fees in their quotes. I think the reason is so if you miss a port you wouldnt come back at them asking for a refund like used to happen.

check out that site. They only show norweigan, Hal, princess and a few others and 7 days or longer but you can get a good idea of how much port fees actually run which you cant if you just use the cruiseline sites.

Archived