Just tried Clinique..

Happy ks..I have very sensitive skin too and have to be very careful with my cleansers but I have found the only one I can use that rinses off completely is the Clinique foaming cleanser. You use very little in the palm of your hand and mix it into a foam with water and rinse. Have you tried this particular one ?

Yup ;) Believe me, I've tried so many products over the years, Clinique is one I thought would work well.

Clinique tends to have too much mineral oil in their product for me. If I use anything for dry skin in the line, I break out like crazy, more welts than pimples. It's just not fun having such sensitive skin.

Most lines use fragrance, which appeals to many because they just "love the smell". Most of that stuff make me itch and burn for days, even if I wash it off quickly.

Surprisingly enough, I've used some of my daughters Cetaphil (recommended by her dermatologist for acne...go figure, but it's working for her) and it's not bad. I've considered switching to that because it's so darn cheap in comparison to what I use now.

Yup ;) Surprisingly enough, I've used some of my daughters Cetaphil (recommended by her dermatologist for acne...go figure, but it's working for her) and it's not bad. I've considered switching to that because it's so darn cheap in comparison to what I use now.

One of my doctors recommended Cetaphil as well, I love it!! Some of the Clinique products burned my skin, I just went back in and they replaced them for free with stuff that works great.

###

I use so much stuff on my face. I love Beauticontrol products. The microdermabrasion is amazing!

I use LoReal Pure zone wash, Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner, 3 diff types of BeautiControl moisturizers (rejuvinator, wrinkle diminisher, and sun blocker).

And Cetaphil, too, but on my hoohoo. :)

My Mom uses Clinique and she absolutely loves it....everything from the moisturizers to their fragrances. She gave me some Dramatically Different lotion to try and my skin just went NUTS. It broke out severely, which I thought was more of a rash...red, itchy, and it burned. I'm not sure what ingredient did it, but it was very unpleasant.

On the upside....I bought a tube of MAC Viva Glam IV lipstick. I LOVE the color of this lipstick!!!! The description they give is right on....a midtone rose with gold shimmer. It's the perfect color.:D :D I also bought two eyeshadows in Mulch and Black Tied. I just started buying products from MAC and I can't stop, lol. It's addictive.

I think Clinique was the first department store line I used when I was 16 or so. It was fine until I was about 18 and then it didn't seem like anything special.

The yellow mousturizer (can't think of the name right now) seemed like little more than putting slightly oily water on my skin- and I have to wonder about it since the formula hasn't changed much, if at all, in all the years it's been on the market. The texture of the pressed makeup (like blushes and eye shadows) looks grainy and not very refined to me and the eye shadows really bother my eyes. I wear contacts and with Clinique shadows it feels like there are boulders in my eyes- I've never worn another brand of shadow that feels like this.

I've been through lots of skincare and makeup brands over the years, but I've recently decided to turn to more natural brands, like Everyday Minerals for makeup and Mychelle for skincare (super happy with both, BTW). :)

Archived