Just tried Clinique..

I am a huge fan of MAC Cosmetics, but decided to give Clinique a try. Clinique has fantastic products, and I must say I like them more than MAC. The foundation isn't heavy at all.. It honestly feels like I have nothing on (make-up wise :D). If your looking for a new cosmetics line to try, my suggestion would be Clinique. I am very pleasantly surprised.

=]

Elizabeth

I've been a huge fan of clinique products because it's allergy free. I've had problems with other products and fortunately I found clinique. Glad you're as happy with it as I am.

Clinque is owned by Este Lauder and is their product line for young skin Estee Lauder is basically the same product with added ingredients such as collegen and sunscreen for more mature skin. Prescriptives is Estee Lauder's line for aging skin with the most additives. So if you love Clinque but are feeling that it is starting to feel like it isn't moisturizing enough try the other lines. Estee Lauder also owns Origins which is the same stuff without any additives and marketed as natural. I think the only line that Estee Lauder owns that is completely different from the others is Bobbie Brown since they bought her line already in existence and didn't develope it. I was kinda suprised that Estee Lauder owns so many lines. That is why the company is so huge. By the way it is the largest and oldest cosmetic company and it is still privatly owned by the Lauder family.

I am a huge fan of Clinique. I have been using their products since around 1976 or so. I especially love their eye shadows, blushes and face powders. I have tried some of their perfumes and I cannot say that I love them because I find that they don't stay on that long, but the other products that I have, are fabulous. My favorite makeup brands are Clinique, Estee Lauder, and Elizabeth Arden.

I have always used Clinique's foaming face wash, their gentle cream eye makeup remover and their amazing mascara( the only one I'm not allergic to). I 'm not fond of their perfumes, I did use Aromatics Elixir for a while but it just got too strong for me.

I must say that I am a BM fan through and through.. but Clinique's lipsticks are amazing. I had a very neutral color and it goes on very smooth.

I give up...what's BM?

I've been using their products for about 8 years and love them. LOVE the All About Eyes and the Triple Defense Moisturizer (moisturizer, SPF 25, and anti-aging in one)!

I am a huge fan of MAC Cosmetics, but decided to give Clinique a try. Clinique has fantastic products, and I must say I like them more than MAC. The foundation isn't heavy at all.. It honestly feels like I have nothing on (make-up wise :D). If your looking for a new cosmetics line to try, my suggestion would be Clinique. I am very pleasantly surprised.

=]

Elizabeth

Which foundation did you try? I've used Dewey Smooth in the past, but changed when I changed skin care lines because it was too moist. I switched to Super Fit. I like it because it isn't heavy, but has great coverage + sunscreen, and stays on my mostly-oily skin.

Clinque is owned by Este Lauder and is their product line for young skin Estee Lauder is basically the same product with added ingredients such as collegen and sunscreen for more mature skin. Prescriptives is Estee Lauder's line for aging skin with the most additives. So if you love Clinque but are feeling that it is starting to feel like it isn't moisturizing enough try the other lines. Estee Lauder also owns Origins which is the same stuff without any additives and marketed as natural. I think the only line that Estee Lauder owns that is completely different from the others is Bobbie Brown since they bought her line already in existence and didn't develope it. I was kinda suprised that Estee Lauder owns so many lines. That is why the company is so huge. By the way it is the largest and oldest cosmetic company and it is still privatly owned by the Lauder family.

I never knew that Este Lauder owned all those lines - that's really interesting! I love Clinique products and have used them for years!

I only wear Clinique. We weren't allowed to wear makeup until we were 16, so on my 16th birthday my mother sent me to the Clinique counter and had them show me how to properly apply makeup and I was given all of the makeup that they used. I haven't used anything else ever, and I've been a fan of Clinique for 19 years (WOW...I'm definately starting to age). I can't stand that cakey feeling, and was so grossed out on my wedding day when the makeup artist used some other brand and it just felt like goop (it looked nice however).

Which foundation did you try? I've used Dewey Smooth in the past, but changed when I changed skin care lines because it was too moist. I switched to Super Fit. I like it because it isn't heavy, but has great coverage + sunscreen, and stays on my mostly-oily skin.

I am using the Almost Makeup SPF 15 and I have oily skin too, but you honestly can't tell with this foundation and with the loose powder. =]

Elizabeth

I have been using Clinique since it first came on the market in the late 60's. I had terrible troubles with eczema and Clinique was the only hypo-allergenic make-up that worked for me. I have been a loyal fan of their treatment line since then. I have switched to BE for my make-up because I like its "staying power", but my cleanser, toner, moisturizers, eye cream, etc are 100% Clinique. Every time I try something from another line, I end up going back to tried and true Clinique.

...and the Clinique Moisture Surge feels sooo good on your face after a day in the sun.

I also like Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair if I get to much sun on my face. By the next morning the redness is gone.

My Clinique make-up and skin care products have magical properties. They manage to climb out of my make-up drawer and walk into my 17 year old daughters bedroom all by themselves.

Have been using Clinique for years and love the stuff.

Clinique makes the best facial sunscreen I've ever tried. It's called Super City Block Oil-Free Daily Face Protector SPF 40. My foundation goes on better with this as a base than without it.

I agree! I am out of it and Macy's has been backordered for a month on this product. I am on the call list for when it arrives.

Although I use a couple Clinique products, the whole line just doesn't work for me. I use their Superdefense moisturizer every day, because it has an SPF of 25 and I've never found another sunscreen that doesn't make my face burn and itch. Believe me, I could probably put a down payment for a cruise with all I've tried. Their skin cleansers are all to harsh for my acne rosacea, as is almost everything else on the planet :rolleyes: .

Their eye cream is nice and I've liked some of their lipsticks, but I'm not crazy for their eye shadow, mascara or eyeliner. I do like that they have give away foundation, for the rare occasion I wear a foundation it's nice to not have to purchase any.

I'm not surprised Estee Lauder owns Clinique, I believe they own a few other lines than what is mentioned here. But I'm surprised to read they are the same products as Clinique. I can hardly even walk by an Estee Lauder counter without breaking out in a rash, they seem to be heavy with the mineral and fragrance content in their products. But, I haven't attempted to use them in years, even using their lipstick in the past has caused a rash on my skin.

Happy ks..I have very sensitive skin too and have to be very careful with my cleansers but I have found the only one I can use that rinses off completely is the Clinique foaming cleanser. You use very little in the palm of your hand and mix it into a foam with water and rinse. Have you tried this particular one ?

Karen (& Kathy) I too have very sensitive skin and I find that the Clinique foaming cleanser also works well (on the face) without any problems.

I have very dry skin and have tried all sorts of moisterizers, but haven't found any that will work on the body - my doctor told me to put baby oil on my wash cloth and use that - my skin felt wonderful for about a week - then I broke out in red welts (hives) all other my body and the itching about drove me crazy!!

DD used to work at Macy's and when ever they got a shipment of Tommy H clothes in she couldn't touch them as she will break out in hives so bad she ends up inthe emergency room. Jan

I'm not surprised Estee Lauder owns Clinique, I believe they own a few other lines than what is mentioned here. But I'm surprised to read they are the same products as Clinique. I can hardly even walk by an Estee Lauder counter without breaking out in a rash, they seem to be heavy with the mineral and fragrance content in their products. But, I haven't attempted to use them in years, even using their lipstick in the past has caused a rash on my skin.

They are esentialoy the same products but each line is slightly different. Such as Clinique is hypoallergenic and Prescriptives has alot of anti aging additives. etc...

Just bought a couple of Clinique products today online. A foundation called "Almost Makeup" and a pressed powder. The foundation was recommended to me by my cousin. She said that it is not heavy and gives you nice coverage and it also has sunscreen in it. Can't wait to get my stuff. Anytime I buy makeup I get excited. I am a "makeupaholic"...LOL :p Anytime I go into the makeup dept in a store, I just start to drool!!!!!! :D:D

Archived