Just back from Glory- just getting over NoroVirus

JStarbrite

ohhhhhhhhhhh nooooooooooooo , no mojitas?:eek:

Oh well they have great rum punch so that'll have to do, or maybe I'll smuggle in fresh mint, I can subsidize my shopping by selling Mojitas in the halls. <makes mental note to bring long raincoat to wear to hide the smuggled stuff>;)

Cheers, Carole

Electrical storm last tuesday took out my modem and I just got back on line. Wow! I'm glad that's over with. Just one general comment, then on with the review.

I did confine myself to my cabin while sick (I watched a couple of pay per view movies).I was mindful that I could be contagious as I usually do when sick with anything. As stated I am not a doctor, nor did I see one (men don't go to the doctor until they are already dead) Fact is I got sick. That said here is rest of review:

Day at sea, the F deck and more

One of the things I liked about this itinerary is that you get sail away night and the whole next day to get familiar with the ship. Once you get to know if you are forward or aft, getting around is not hard. Just at night, you can't tell which direction you are walking.

Started the day in the steam room. Large saunas with an ocean view flank the gym. No multihead showers, but high capacity shower, better than in the stateroom. Jacuzzi was cold.

Spent the day on deck where they had a good calypso/ reggae band live. My investment at the tanning booth paid off, as I saw a lot of red skin. I did not need any sunscreen!which brings me to

THE F DECK

Well, I had to check it out so I could post info on this board. The stairs were located inside the netted off volleyball/basketball court. The usual saloon type swinging doors where still there, but the sign said "adult only deck" instead of "top optional deck". Yes, there were women tanning topless, but be forewarned, the camera restriction was not in place, expose at your own risk!

Had some sushi at the sushi bar. A different selection of 3 or 4, was not bad. Not as good as the Japanese restaurant, but not terrible.

Got cleaned up and played some craps. $5 min table, I caught a winning streak and won $500. Only problem is I missed show time. Shows for late seating is before dinner. That sucked. Had another wonderful dinner (it was formal night) then lost $200 of my winnings. Got a call from the purser informing me that my excursion to go cavern diving got scrubbed because I was the only one that signed up for it. Lucky me because just after is when the nausea started. Threw up all night and could not sleep from the pain.

More to follow

Spent the entire day in bed for Cozumel. Watched 2 pay per view movies and slept. I did not want to miss cave tubing in Belize. The girls did the Playa Maya beach break thing and had a good time. One of the reasons I picked this cruise is because when I sailed the Pride a few years ago, the seas were so rough we could not tender in Belize and I was looking forward to cave tubing.

We booked through cave-tubing .com and I can't say enough good things about them. Although the bus ride to the site was kind of hairy (I was still a little queasy) the guides took very good care of you and had fun doing it. We went through 2 caves which was a blessing. The other tours only went through one, so by the time we got there it was like a water park ride. We were the only group to go through the first cave. Our guides kept us all together, pulled us through the shallow spots (BUTTS UP!!) and generally had a riot. And it was half the price as the ship!

Back on the ship, I noticed they were having french onion soup at dinner (you can preview that day's dinner menu on your cabin T.V.) so I did make it to dinner, and even the R rated comedy show which was hilarious!

Archived