I Need a Good Diet!

I received it thanks!! I want to try it, my only thing is I don't like banana's, beets or beans so I am wondering if I switch somthing with the same calories if it will still work? I really like the idea of 3 days. I'll let you what I do and how it works. Thanks for sending it.

Connie

Because we lack the backbone to last more than three days, we go on the THREE DAY DIET, then four days eat sensible! It works. If anyone is interested I will e-mail this uncomplicated diet.

Hi - I have heard of this before - but never bothered finding out what it involved. Would like to try it. Please send me a copy of your three day diet olga_s40@hotmail.com

thanks.

Concerning the three-day diet or any diet, (I am sure everyone is aware of this but just in case) allow at least seven days of maintaining your weight without dieting. Even if you do not reach your goal. Our cruise is Dec. 9; we will stop the three-day diet on Nov. 28. Otherwise, we will look like Blow Fish after two days on the ship.

Concerning the three-day diet or any diet, (I am sure everyone is aware of this but just in case) allow at least seven days of maintaining your weight without dieting. Even if you do not reach your goal. Our cruise is Dec. 9; we will stop the three-day diet on Nov. 28. Otherwise, we will look like Blow Fish after two days on the ship.

Hi - Got it - Thanks - got the diet info - we are not sailing until Feb 3, 2008 (on Costa Fortuna). I will start it soon - with the holidays right around the corner it's really difficult not to gain weight so am hoping this will help. Thanks again.

I am going to start the 3 day diet on Monday, I will report in to let you all know how I do!!

Connie

Connie, I will be with you on Monday doing the 3 day. Sunday I may have the ice cream for the full day only because of Thanksgiving Day. After the turkey day I will go on ice cream then again on the 3 day. I will be darned that I will fall into that trap of holiday eating. No way, No how.

Rae

I am going to post the three-day diet but please do not flame me. Health-wise I cannot see how this can hurt you, goodness; it is only for three days once a week depending on how much weight you want to lose. We always have everything on hand so when we return from a trip we can break a few bad habits we picked up in our travels.

In a perfect world, travel should broaden the mind and not the body. In our case it is a little bit of both. So no flames, not even an unlit match! If worried; check with a doctor.

Day 1

Breakfast: half a grapefruit and toast

Lunch: Tuna with Mayo on toast

Dinner: Three ounces of meat with string beans, beets and an apple.

Day 2

Breakfast: Egg, half a banana, and toast.

Lunch: Cottage cheese and saltines

Dinner: Two hot dogs, broccoli, carrots, and half a banana.

Day 3

Breakfast: Saltines with a slice of cheddar cheese and an apple.

Lunch: A hard-boiled egg and toast.

Dinner: Tuna, beets, cauliflower, and some cantaloupe.

Each day ends with a Dannon Activia.

The next four days eat sensible.

Because our cruise is on Dec. 9 we have been adding the following: After eating, and yes, drinking for three days (2 glasses of wine each day) before we start the three day diet we eat only vanilla ice-cream. You will be shocked when you step on the scales after one day of ice-cream and then the three day diet.

Let me know how you make out? Any questions, ask away.

Thanks for posting the diet. I was going to ask for it too. I must be missing something, but I do not understand the icecream day. Could you elaborate on that. Got to love the icecream bit. Thanks

Frankly, we love the ice cream ONLY day. You eat ice cream all day, hopefully, no more than four meals a day. All you want. After that you start the 3-day. Yes, you can have coffee, sugar and cream free, just put some ice cream in the cup. You can have diet soda and lots of water.

I started this morning. I had my grapefruit and toast and am looking forward to the tuna!!

I didn't do the icecream day yesterday, we watched football and I had some chicken and beer. I am set to stick with this for the 3 days and hopefully will keep doing it every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday for awhile.

I wonder if doing the ice cream day after the 3 days would work?? I have 3 sons and a DH who watch football every week, it is hard for me to behave on Sundays!!

Connie

Sure give it a try, go for the ice cream after the three day diet. Let me know how you make out?

I love the ice cream before the 3-diet because it shakes my system up. Sort of a wake-up call for the body, plus it is fun and yum. How about next week doing the ice cream on Monday, then the 3-day?

BTW, yesterday was only ice cream for us and today I was one pound lighter, how about that?

Last night I watched on TV the Biggest Loser, I certainly admire those remarkable people! It was said the period between Thanksgivings and the New Year the average person gains seven pounds. They did not factor in our upcoming cruise. Yikes.

O.K. getting ready to start this diet. Dumb question, but do you have to eat the same kind (brand) of vanilla or can you have some at home & them maybe Dairy Queen soft serve if you are out & about on icecream day?

No problem!

Any strict diet as the 3-day diet described just put you through the yo-yo dieting process and each time you gain, you will gain a little more weight. This is due to our origins (it’s written in our genes, nothing we can do about it), each time you eat less calories than you really need, your body will go in ‘’starvation mode’’ (your body doesn’t make the difference between a diet and real starvation) and as soon as you will eat a little more calories, it will do all it can to put it in your reserves (the dreaded fat). Sensible eating on the long run is the only way to loose weight and keep it off. South Beach Diet (SBD) is a good program. Its first phase is more strict but it has a purpose (helping you desintox from all the bad carbs and getting rid of ‘’cravings’’), it’s phase 2 is where you really learn a healthy way of eating (and loose the weight you need to loose). When you reach the maintenance phase (phase 3), you have to find the ‘’special, less healthy’’ food you can reintroduce, and on what basis, without gaining weight. In my opinion, phase 2 is a great way of eating, you don’t even have to go through phase 3 if you don’t feel safe enough to reintroduce ‘’bad’’ food.

Frankly, I have been on the South Beach Diet and did not lose more than a pound or two. This summer I worked very hard on eating the correct foods thinking only about good health and healthy eating. That did not work either; I kept getting bigger and bigger. To the point of my thinking, this is going to be my fate, fat.

I do not mind being a little, old lady but I decided I did not want to be a fat, little, old lady so I decided to do what works for my husband and me. The three-day diet.

We will be cruising on December 9th so we will stop the dieting 11/28 to maintain the weight we have lost. Will we gain weight on the cruise, sure, but we will not be starting out with those extra 12 pounds.

Hopefully, the Yo-Yo will hang at mid-string.

Hei1980,

Sorry to hear South Beach Diet didn't work for you. When you say you lost only a pound or two, do you mean total or every week? 1-2 pounds per week is a good rate for healthy loss in fact. If you stayed on the diet for a couple of weeks in a row and didn't loose more than 1-2 pounds total, then I don't understand. Frankly, I've never met anyone for whom it didn't work. I met people who stopped eating by SBD rules and then regained the weight, what is normal but I've never heard anyone for whom it didn't work when they were following the rules and-or meal plans. Very sorry if it doesn't work for you.

The lost of 1 & 1/2 pounds on the South Beach Diet was due to Phase I and Phase II. I never entered into Phase III, did repeat Phase I. Any weight lost of one to two pounds a week is the way to go. I did not achieve that on the SBD.

Being parsimonious I felt $29.95 for one and half pounds was a high price for failure. Also, being on the cheap, I followed the rules. Darn, it had to be me, one out of a million with no success.

But, aren’t we are lucky to live in countries where we have to worry about putting too much food in our mouths instead of wondering where the next meal is coming from?

Archived