Seattle: accommodations (and beds) for 3?

travel dog

We are three adults looking for downtown Seattle hotels (for two nights pre-cruise) that have accommodations for three to sleep *separately*

Three beds -- two beds and a pull-out sofa -- two beds and a rollaway. Anything (even bunk beds!) that would give each of us our own separate sleeping surface.

I'm pretty good at using the various search programs and am even willing to go to each hotel's web site --- but you still can't tell! For example, I know (because I e-mailed them and asked) that Red Lion on 5th can/will put a rollaway in their room with 2 queen beds... but you couldn't tell it from any listing I've found or even from their own web site.

Does anyone know of any hotels with this type of accommodation --- or have any suggestion as to how I could better search for one. Do you just have to e-mail or telephone each one and ask?

Getting very envious of all those Priceline bargains .... but apparently you can't request a specific number of beds there, either. Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated!

I just booked Sixth Avenue Inn (a Sheraton hotel) this morning and have spent a few days pouring over the various options in Seattle. I think what I would do is choose three hotels that look promising and then call them up directly to ask if they can ad a rollaway or some other solution in your room if you're not comfortable sharing a bed with someone. I didn't find that any of the hotel search sites had a ton of information on the hotels other than pictures, price, and location so for your special situation you might do much better if you call them. I used hotels.com, cheaphotels.com, and orbitz.com.

Good luck!

Our Seattle convention website has hotel links. I went into the Crowne Plaza and found that they do have roll aways, but as the pp said I would call the hotel and confirm.

http://www.visitseattle.org/visitors/lodging/default.asp?cat=Hotels+%26+Motels&sort=Downtown+Seattle

Here is a link to a story that the Seattle local news did on Priceline

http://www.komotv.com/news/7516117.html

We are three adults looking for downtown Seattle hotels (for two nights pre-cruise) that have accommodations for three to sleep *separately*

Three beds -- two beds and a pull-out sofa -- two beds and a rollaway. Anything (even bunk beds!) that would give each of us our own separate sleeping surface.

I'm pretty good at using the various search programs and am even willing to go to each hotel's web site --- but you still can't tell! For example, I know (because I e-mailed them and asked) that Red Lion on 5th can/will put a rollaway in their room with 2 queen beds... but you couldn't tell it from any listing I've found or even from their own web site.

Does anyone know of any hotels with this type of accommodation --- or have any suggestion as to how I could better search for one. Do you just have to e-mail or telephone each one and ask?

Getting very envious of all those Priceline bargains .... but apparently you can't request a specific number of beds there, either. Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated!

Hi, Sounds like what you really need is a suite. Check out Homewood Suites, it's run by Hilton and has a pretty good location. There are also a couple of Marriotts at Lake Union that would work, Extended Stay and Residence Inn.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you all for suggestions -- following up on them, and I think it will come down to what the first poster suggested: choosing several that look good/affordable if there were two of us and then calling the actual hotels and asking. If I come up with a list, I'll post back for others who may be in our situation.

Our Seattle convention website has hotel links. I went into the Crowne Plaza and found that they do have roll aways, but as the pp said I would call the hotel and confirm.

http://www.visitseattle.org/visitors/lodging/default.asp?cat=Hotels+%26+Motels&sort=Downtown+Seattle

Here is a link to a story that the Seattle local news did on Priceline

http://www.komotv.com/news/7516117.html

Thank you so much for these links. I've not ever used Priceline, and am very nervous about trying it for fear of failure. We will have one night in Seattle after getting off the ship, and I've found the hotel prices in the downtown area much higher than we'd like to pay. I'm going to do my homework and hopefully get a great (I'd settle for good) deal on a downtown hotel in September.

We stayed at the Silvercloud by the stadium and were very pleased. It is brand-new, just opened around the first of the year. Our room had a King and a pull out sofa. I don’t know if the double rooms have a sofa too, but it might be worth asking. They had a hot tub and pool on the roof and free breakfast in the morning.

It isn’t right downtown, but it isn’t too far. And I don’t know how close it is to the port or anything. The website is http://www.silvercloud.com. Just make sure it is the one by the stadium.

Enjoy. I love Seattle.

We just returned from Seattle and stayed at the Inn at the Harbor Steps. 2 blocks to Pike Place Market, 1 block to Elliots Bay, Near shopping and a short walk to most everything. They have a variety of rooms and offer wine and hors d'oeuvres in the afternoon and a wonderful breakfast buffet in the mornings, both are included in the price of the room. Our room was under $200.00 a night including taxes,etc. Rooms have huge baths with nice robes, toiletries, a fireplace , lovely linens, down pillows and seating area, a library, helpful tips on what to do and help with any request. I heartily recommend them. Web site is:innattheharborsteps.

We stayed at the Marriot Lake Union on our pre-cruise stay. We had a king with a pull out sofa bed and I'm sure they had 2 doubles with the sofa bed also. Not downtown but the busline stops directly in front of the hotel. Hotel also had a self serve laundry and free internet which came in handy. I think we paid around $150 a night. Enjoy your stay!!

What I found ......

E-mailed and called a number of hotels to find out which ones had accomdations that would have three separate sleeping 'surfaces' (bed, pullout sofa, rollaway) and - in case anyone else ever wants to know, here's what I found:

HAVE 3-bed accommodations:

Best Western - Pioneer Square

Crowne Plaza

Holiday Inn - Dexter

Inn at the Market

Moore Hotel

Paramount

Pike Street Suites

RedLion on 5th

Spring Hill Suites

Westin Hotel

(Lake Union)

Marriott Courtyard

Residence Inn

Silver Cloud - Lake Union

DO NOT HAVE 3-bed accommodations:

Mayflower Hotel

Sheraton Hotel

Silver Cloud - Stadium

Warwick Hotel

We wound up selecting one of the Lake Union places.

Archived