Excursion Question

We are going on the Freedom next month and we are thinking of doing the Magen Bay RCCL excursion since it looks like a good price compared with what I've seen on the St Thomas boards prices for taxis (I don't want to do the so called safari buses since we have a small child). Has anyone done this excursion and can tell me if it's worth it? At what time does it leave the ship and what kind of transportation do they use? How does it work, does a guide from RCCL goes with you or is it basically a local who takes you around?

I have always done thing on my own but now I have a small child and would like to play it safe.

Thanks very much :D

I've been to Megan's Bay several times. I found that taking a mini-van taxi still works out cheaper than the ship excursion, plus this gives you the flexibilty to leave when you want to and not when the excursion is ready to leave. Maybe you want to go to town and do some shopping before going back to the ship.

If you don't want to take the safari taxis, they have closed taxi's all over the place. I would never spend the money on a shore excursion to go to Megans. Any taxi can get you there and then you are on your time, not someone elses. Enjoy

We are going on the Freedom next month and we are thinking of doing the Magen Bay RCCL excursion since it looks like a good price compared with what I've seen on the St Thomas boards prices for taxis (I don't want to do the so called safari buses since we have a small child). Has anyone done this excursion and can tell me if it's worth it? At what time does it leave the ship and what kind of transportation do they use? How does it work, does a guide from RCCL goes with you or is it basically a local who takes you around?

I have always done thing on my own but now I have a small child and would like to play it safe.

Thanks very much :D

What date are you sailing? We are on the June 17 cruise.

A CCer on my meet and greet board recommended a reasonably priced excursion that goes to Magen's Bay through a service that is not RCL. I don't know if I can mention the name here...can I? I paid $25 a person and it looks really fun. I'm going on June 22. Email me or Pm me if you'd like the website!

Archived