Kenai Fjords or Prince William Sound??

MSEm

I will not cruise though any of Prince William Sound. I will have 1 full day that I can go cruise/tour either Kenai Fjords from Seward or Prince William Sound from Whittier. I am having problems decising which one to do? I would like the advice and thoughts from anyone that has traveled in both Kenai Fjords and PWS.

Thanks

Both trips are excellent. Here are a few things to consider:

1. The Whittier trips are over an hour closer to Anchorage than Seward and much easier to do in a day.

2. You are much more likely to see a diversity of wildlife on the Kenai Fjords trips.

3. You will see many more active glaciers on the Prince William Sound tours.

Really can't go wrong on either one.

Thanks for the information. We solved the problem. We will rent a car in Anchroage and spend 2 nights in Seward. We will do PWS cruise on the way down to Seward and the next day the Full Kenai Fjords cruise. After our second night in Seward we will drive back to Anchorage for our 9 PM flight home.

We solved the problem. We will rent a car in Anchroage and spend 2 nights in Seward. We will do PWS cruise on the way down to Seward and the next day the Full Kenai Fjords cruise. After our second night in Seward we will drive back to Anchorage for our 9 PM flight home.

That sounds like a great plan!

Thanks for the information. We solved the problem. We will rent a car in Anchroage and spend 2 nights in Seward. We will do PWS cruise on the way down to Seward and the next day the Full Kenai Fjords cruise. After our second night in Seward we will drive back to Anchorage for our 9 PM flight home.

Great plan. Now "what to do that last day before your 9pm flight?"

Girdwood is a nice stop. Coming back from Seward visit Exit Glacier and hike to the glacier (easy hike).

Perhaps drive further north of Anchorage (Hatcher Pass area).

Do you know that if you rent the car downtown or at an off-airport location in Anchorage, you save quite a bit in taxes and airport surcharges? You can pick the car up downtown and still drop it at the airport for no additional charge with most companies (Enterprise is a notable exception).

Archived