Port or Starboard on the Journey?

SHCMD

My wife and I are considering a trip on the Journey. Which is the better side of the ship for our cabin? It appears from the only photos I have seen that the starboard side faces the pier in Hamilton. Any suggestions?

Many thanks!

I don't know which side to recommend to you, but I was on the deck 4 port side, and it was fine. It's actually the port side that faces the city of Hamilton. You also have a nice view off the starboard side of the water and then the rest of Bermuda behind it. Either one would be nice with a veranda. Leaving NJ, it's the starboard side that would see the statue of liberty.

I don't know which side to recommend to you, but I was on the deck 4 port side, and it was fine. It's actually the port side that faces the city of Hamilton. You also have a nice view off the starboard side of the water and then the rest of Bermuda behind it. Either one would be nice with a veranda. Leaving NJ, it's the starboard side that would see the statue of liberty.

No sooner did I submit reply than I realized I had it all backwards. Substitute port for starboard in my post above - you had it all right.

Sheesh, I even get "left" and "right" wrong!

You have it backwards.The port side is on the left side as you face forward,the starboard side is on the right side as you face forward.

We have always preferred the port side balcony cabins when sailing to Bermuda. Front St. in Hamilton (on the Starboard side) can be noisy at night especially when people leave the bars. In contrast the port side faces the harbor, very scenic and peaceful at night.

In St. George the port side faces the picturesque village of St. George but you are docked on Ordinance Island, away from the traffic and activity in King's Square. Bermuda has always been our favorite port-of-call.

Archived