Crown Princess B749 cabin

Hey there,

We are on the same cruise w/ you! I don't know much about your cabin but my daughter, Jenn, has a Dolphin Aft balcony. I know it is totally covered and the balcony itself is even slightly larger than a Caribe balony.

You can do a search for Crown aft balconies and see some pictures that others have posted. Have you cruised w/ an aft before? We have and it is our favorite. let us know what you find out!:)

Hey,

Nice to know someone from here will be on the cruise too. I did an extensive search all over the place and found that the Caribbean Princess is basically the same and the cabin looks fab. I'm glad that my mom and I didn't get b751 because it has a beam in the middle of it, it's right next to us. I'm so psyched, I can't wait. Just counting down the days...it'll be here soon.

we had C753- most awesome balcony. its one of the best we had.

have sailed the aft at least 7 times now and would pick thecabin agian.

turn out the lights in the cabin.. close the curtain and sit out there at night--

the way you balny is set it sits away from your neighbor--privacy is not an issue,- sitting out there late at night-- priceless

Hi justbsur and welcome!

Serena is the most knowledgeable, but we have had afts too and we found that there isn't really much motion or noise unless you are coming into or leaving a port, then you might feel a slight motion and hear something. Nothing is more relaxing than sitting on the deck and listening to and watching the wake, night or day!

i love turning off my lights in the cabin-closing the curtains and sitting out there--priceless.

i have sailed 7 times on the aft--if it was too bad we wouldnt keep booking back there. some report soot but we wipe everything down anyways.

motion? if you feel motion it will be a swaying kinda thing--like being rocked to sleep-nothing jarring or anything

We just got back from a cruise on the Crown. We had A631, which wasn't as far back as you will be, but I think you'll find it OK. I think it's better to go aft of midship than forward. I can tell you that the balcony is small, but private. It holds just a table and chairs, no loungers. But keep the trash can in your cabin empty. Upside-down it makes a good footrest. Lower decks (C and D) have bigger balconies, but they stick out, so people above can look down at them. I'd rather have the smaller balcony and privacy.

Being in the back puts you close to the buffet, which is convenient. Gangways were at midships and forward, so it's a hike to them. But you have to walk off all that food somehow.

As for vibration, I didn't feel vibration anywhere on the ship, except when we accelerated when leaving port, and even then it wasn't bad. We had a lot of wind a fwe days, but the ship managed to ride well.

Best thing about a balcony is being able to go outside last thing at night and first thing in the morning.

• 3 months later...

Archived