Best kids floating device

live4vacation

I was wondering which floating device you have used for your child at the beach or on the ship? We have a 3 year old that loves the water and I would like to have an option for her at the beach as well as the pool on the ship. Is there anything out there that is compact enough to bring with us to the beach? How about those shirts with the tube in them for the pool? Any advice you can give I would appreciate!! Thanks!!

I was wondering which floating device you have used for your child at the beach or on the ship? We have a 3 year old that loves the water and I would like to have an option for her at the beach as well as the pool on the ship. Is there anything out there that is compact enough to bring with us to the beach? How about those shirts with the tube in them for the pool? Any advice you can give I would appreciate!! Thanks!!

When DD was little I found a swimsuit for her that had a built-in "life jacket" type of thing. I've attached a picture of one that's similar. I found it at http://www.swimoutlet.com. It worked great and she loved it.

Cheers!

Jayne

1574-2T.jpg.f47eaf9fa202de8a9c14f52b436a9e0f.jpg

My kids did well with those floaties they put on their arms. They are very easy to pack also!!!!!

Arm Floaties are one of the most dangerous swim aids out there. Must make sure you are close to child if you use those.

Thanks for the ideas!! I do not plan on leaving her side for a minute as she is just learning to swim. I wanted something to hold her up so I don't have to hold her the entire time we are in the water. Thanks again for your help!!

When DD was little I found a swimsuit for her that had a built-in "life jacket" type of thing. I've attached a picture of one that's similar. I found it at www.swimoutlet.com. It worked great and she loved it.

Cheers!

Jayne

I can not tell you how wonderful these swimsuits are! My dd lived in hers for 2 summers. As she became better at swimming we were able to take a few of the inserts out and deflate the others some. You really need to get this suit - it will make a world of difference on your trip.

Enjoy!

Kathy

Arm Floaties are one of the most dangerous swim aids out there. Must make sure you are close to child if you use those.

I would assume most people would be near their 3 year old in a pool. Any swim aid is unsafe if you are not by their side.

the Caribbean is really calm and obviously you aren't going to leave your child unattended for even one second. I found the greatest vest for kids on one of my trips. It is an inflatable vest. Mine is yellow and blue and hit has chambers- so if one pops- the other chambers still help to hold them up. Mine has never popped! It packs compactly. At the beach, you can rent noodles or mats. My son (at 3 before he learned to swim) really didn't like swimming alone in the water and wanted to be held or one my back but I liked knowing that he wouldn't sink to the bottom if he let go of me or fell off his mat.

As for the pool, I only let my son use the pool when we were docked. At sea, the water can suddenly slosh against the side and make it hard for you to hold your child or far worse can happen. Fortunately, my kids never liked the pool as much as the hot tub. They hated the salt water.

Archived