MaxJet questions

montekat

My husband and I { I sound like the Queen :) ], have just booked to fly home with Maxjet on Dec. 28th, price $499 !!. I checked with my credit card company before I purchased and specifically asked "If I pay for an airline ticket, with my Credit Card would I be covered by them for the cost should the airline cease trading" , , and they confirmed I would. I am flying back on 28th. Dec, but we do not have to be home quickly for any reason. I have read the comments on many sites, and the worse things that seems to happen are delays, re routing , being put up in a hotel for the night, and flown home with Virgin or similar the next day. No one seems to have had anything worse than that happen. Maxjet have moved some 75,000 passengers since they started, and I guess most of them have arrived no worse for wear, all be it with some delays. I am well prepared to take this amount of risk, for a price like this. Given our travel flexibility, why would we not ? !!

I have found this earlier post to give an update on my Maxjet experience. We had an email 2 days ago to say ALL flights from Dules, Washinton are to be suspended from 29th . Oct. We were offered a flight from JFK , which we took, and have had to reshedule Jetblue connecting flights, at an increase in cost, which Maxjet have pledged to reemburse.

On the surface Maxjet seems to be doing what they should, and everything SO FAR seems to be ok. I hope this holds true. If I arrive back in late Dec. in the UK , I will try to find this thread, and let you know how it went. !! Oh....and if we really do get our refund !! :)

We are booked on Silverjet, Newark to Luton in August post cruise.I am not a convinced flyer and am having nervous thoughts when reading about the mechanical failures the Business class only type airlines seem to be experiencing and with only one aircraft to rely on ....what happens if your airline doesn't fly when timetabled and you have another onward flight that will be "missed" at the other side of the pond? Any recompense?

Anyone know how often Silverjet don't make their transatlantic flights because of mechanical problems...frequent /infrequent? I can safely presume the captain doesn't want to ditch mid Atlantic either !

What is their record of aircraft safety/mechanical failures/ delays..anyone know?

I thought I would really be enthusiastic about this flight but I am wondering what I have let us in for now!

Terrified.

Since sending in this post I have completed the Silverjet flight NY to Luton (in August 07 apres Qm2 Sou/NY)..it was not delayed and the service was exceptional throughout.

I would recommend them if you have no time issues to worry about..they took care of everything from checking in Newark to arrival at Luton....another lounge to wait in there for next onward flight. No complaints.I did a short revue of this experience on the Cruise Air boards.

Archived